Exec.Train vs. Domed Car Excursion

m&pcoty

We're looking at doing the two ocean excursion during our stop in Panama on our March 2005 Summit cruise, but can't decide whether on the domed car or the executive train. I know there are arguments for and against the domed car because of the amount of glass (too hot/stuffy, etc.).

We're more interested in hearing whether the excursions differ other than the fact that one is a regular train car and the other has the dome. Any insight/suggestions/tips would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks so much! Happy cruising!

Mike & Pat :cool: :cool:

:)

We were on the dome car. The day we did that tour it was cloudy and rainy. We also sat in front of the air conditioner. So we were cool.

But if we were to do it again, we would take the regular car.

We were told by other people that onsunny days, the dome car can get really hot.

You are higher in the dome car and can see more on both sides, but that is the only advantage I see.

:)

If you are just in Colon for the day then the train excursion would be my recommendation as opposed to staying Colon, definitely. TwoOcean excursion is very good.. if it were me I would book through ship for convenience but some have posted that they have done on their own. Also if there is a problem along the way, ship waits for tours bu not if you book on your own...

I was told by a Princess rep that the Colon port stop was cancelled by Princess for our 2/26/2005 10-day cruise on the Coral Princess. My understanding was that Princess was cancelling that stop altogether after some date prior to our cruise. The rep was unsure of the effect on excurions, which ones would be offered, and where/when passengers would leave and return to the ship for excursions. Our group of 8 cabins were particularly interested in the Ocean to Ocean boat trip, since the Coral Princess only goes as far as Gatun Lake and we want to go thru the canal to the Pacific. Has anyone heard of these issues? Does anyone know of the revised excursion schedule, etc.?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oledave

Archived