Booking non NCL excursions Pride of America recommendations

ls1swap

We're just back from the Christmas week aboard PoAm. I did book the Capt Zodiac tour via the ship for the day in Kona. That could not have been better, I highly recommend it. We are also avid snorkelers, they took us out to the Capt. Cook Monument, the water was just amazing! For the rest of the week we opted to make our own arrangements. I highly recommend the helicopter tour over Kauai, it's just stunning. I had wonderful experience booking Blue Hawaii online, excellent tour. I found to my surprise that every morning it rained in HI, but by midmorning it had cleared, so don't let weather slow you down or stop your plans, it changes every few minutes in the Islands. On Maui, we did the Molokini snorkel tour with Four Winds II, another superior experience. I especially love the professional photographer that was aboard and his photo CD for $25 was the best investment in souvenirs I made all week! The DVD from Blue Hawaii was included in the price, another great thing to watch when the snow flies here in NH. I can't imagine going to Maui and not snorkeling Molokini, several companies do it, but each has a dedicated mooring and FW has the best location.

We drove up the coast on our own and had a blast in Lahaina, and then went up to Kaanapali Beach with our own snorkel gear and there we saw lots of sea turtles. Having a rental car makes a lot of sense, the logistics are easy and the rewards many if you are adventurous.

Archived