Help us decide

JRcruise

Going to take a 4 night cruise in Dec, trying to decide bw Carnival

Fascination which goes to Cozumel and Key West and Majesty which goes

to Key West, Nassau and cococay. Both are same exact price, we're 4

college guys. What do you all recommend?

and which has cheaper drinks?

most important stuff: fun, ages of other passengers, size of room,

snorkeling.

Thanks!

PS must let TA know ASAP!

Are all you guys 21 or older? Because if you're not, you cannot cruise either Carnival or RCCI. They have rules that unless you're 21 you cannot cruise without someone 25 or older.

I would stick with the ship that does Key West and stays there until late in the evening. If one of the ships leaves KW at 6 and the other stays until midnight, go with the one that stays later.

As for the drinks, they are all about the same in price.

Because they're shorter cruises, they'll both attract similar age groups-- younger "partiers." That said, yes, Carnival has more of a party reputation (and Fascination is a pretty nice ship-- I've been on it). Drink prices are similar on all the cruise lines, so that isn't really a differentiator... but you can buy drink coupons in advance for Carnival, and that does help a little (but they're not useful if you're just drinking beer). Additionally, Cozumel has more of a party atmosphere (some famous bars-- go to the Ports of Call boards to learn more) than does Nassau, which didn't impress me at all.

And now the mother in me feels compelled to remind you: Wherever you go, just remember that when you're in a foreign country, you have to abide by the laws there or get in some *real* trouble!

Given your ages I'd say Carnival. I've never been on a Carnival cruise.

The "big" thing the Majesty has over the Fascination is the rock climbing wall, if you guys are into that. I think RCI is more sporty. There's a decent sports bar above the Windjammer & they have big screens for Monday night football.

Coco Cay is their private island. There are lots of water sports etc.

I don't know the sites but you can find out the sqaure footage of the cabins somewhere. TA might know also. I think I found it on Orbitz deep into the booking screens; I just cancelled it before credit card etc.

The Duvall Street pub crawl is the best. If everything else is equal, pick the ship that spends the most time in Key West, or has you there later in the day.

BTW, Carnival also has a topless deck if that interests you. ;)

Enjoy.

The cabins on Majesty of the Seas are quite small. Our oceanview cabin was only 122 sq. ft. The standard inside and oceanview cabins on Carnival are 18 sq. ft. Quite a big difference.

For guys your ages, I'd suggest Carnival. My son went on a spring break cruise on Carnival when he was a senior in college (your ages) and they had a blast. Besides, you've got Carlos 'n Charles in Cozumel. Need I say more?

If you are looking to party the whole week go with Carnival. I've cruised with both and although Carnival is less formal, it's definitely a fun atmosphere. I do enjoy classy things, but I enjoyed my "fun in the sun" on Carnival more (I'm 27) and I am actually going on the miracle in two weeks. Oh in Cozumel do the party boat - you will have a BLAST!!! Carnival also has more drink specials and they had a lounge crawl. Just be forewarned - you will be dealing with more people who like to have "fun in the sun" on Carnival.

Archived