Water

1stcruiseever

I will be taking my 1st cruise on the Valor on 6/10/07. What's the deal with bottled water? Can you take your own on board? Do you have to pay for water, if so how much? :)

No charge for water when on the ship itself. When you're about to go to shore, CCL [and most every cruise line] will be glad to sell you water. The bottle in your cabin also costs. You can bring your own water to take ashore. Or you can bring a bottle and refill it [no cost] on the Lido Deck

We just bring water bottles to fill.

I wish people would stop doing this (they prohibit it on RCCL).

It disgusts me seeing people who have drank out of their bottles put the bottle up to the spiggot with contact. UGH!! :eek:

It disgusts me seeing people who have drank out of their bottles put the bottle up to the spiggot with contact. UGH!! :eek:

Refilling a bottle at a drinking fountain is close to impossible to touch the spiggot unless you hold the bottle upside down. If people are sensitive about that they should not be using the fountains at all considering kids tend to put their mouths on them:eek:

"We just bring water bottles to fill. The water in the dispensers and in your cabin (bathroom sink) is very clean. Yes you do have to pay for bottled water. "

I fill them in my cabin, I do not use public fountains either.

If you read my post "We just bring water bottles to fillThe water in the dispensers and in your cabin (bathroom sink) is very clean. Yes you do have to pay for bottled water. "

I fill them in my cabin, I do not use public fountains either.

I brought a water filter with me last May on the Inspiration. After the first day, while brushing my teeth, I realized that water was great. Maybe you would like to take a bottle or insulated cup to refill, but don't waste time or space bringing bottled water. I am used to well water, and the water on the ship was absolutely perfect by any standards. Bonnie

The water (from the taps) onboard does not come from the Miami river :eek: or rain collected off the Lido deck :p it is manufactured on the ship from seawater.

It's cleaner than most of the supermarket bottled water, and it's free!

I've logged a few ;) cruises under my belt and I still cannot drink:eek: the ship water until the third of forth day and; for some reason only in the dining room at that. I cannot brush my teeth with it either.I usually bring a 12 pk of water with me for in room use. Our last cruise our room steward kept 2 bottles cold for me in my ice bucket! I do buy bottled water when I else where on the ship. I think its each persons personal taste. I'm the ONLY one in our family to NEED the bottled water:p !!!

I would venture that they use reverse-osmosis to purify the water, which results in a very clean product which is then treated, most likely with bromine. Bromine tastes very different from chlorine, which is why people say the water is tastey. Pure water has absolutely no taste, and would reek havoc on your digestive system. Their process isnt much different than most municipalites. The difference is ships water doesnt spend days traveling through miles of aged piping and storage tanks only to arrive at your tap flat and tasting of its journey.

The only problem I had with drinking the tap water on the ship is that is does contain a higher than normal amount of sodium....even after the desalinization process. I have high blood pressure and I had problems with my feet and ankles swelling after drinking the tap water for a few days. I thought it tasted fine, but will probably stick to drinking bottled water the next time I cruise.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

The only problem I had with drinking the tap water on the ship is that is does contain a higher than normal amount of sodium....even after the desalinization process. I have high blood pressure and I had problems with my feet and ankles swelling after drinking the tap water for a few days. I thought it tasted fine, but will probably stick to drinking bottled water the next time I cruise.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about that....

I drink a lot of water a day, but also try to limit my sodium intake. I will be bring some bottled water along I guess :)

Archived