Blenders

My two Great Dane's love cruising with me too. You should see them tie a feed on at the buffet lunch.

We certainly get our money's worth with the boyz aboard.

I definitely better watch where I step if I follow you at the buffet.:eek:

I'm bringing my own Coca-Cola vending machine. Those little teenie-weenie mini-refrigerators in the cabin just don't hold enough, and aren't cold enough. I'm sure the steveadores won't mind loading it up to the cabin for me.

Along with the propane-powered Weber Grill (charcoal is so inconvenient to lug around), I'm packing the portable firepit for the balcony. Wood is no problem, there's a plentiful supply of teak deck chairs on the lower promenade deck. The Prinsendam has a fireplace in the Oak Room, why can't I have on in my cabin?

Along with the propane-powered Weber Grill (charcoal is so inconvenient to lug around), I'm packing the portable firepit for the balcony. Wood is no problem, there's a plentiful supply of teak deck chairs on the lower promenade deck. The Prinsendam has a fireplace in the Oak Room, why can't I have on in my cabin?
cactuslady,

Made sure that the teak has not been treated, otherwise it could be dangerous. To be on the safe side do like I do and have 1/2 a cord of wood delivered to your stateroom. (If it's an Alaska cruise you may want a full cord).

OK, I confess, the new Signature of Excellence program will now save me the trouble of smuggling my own mattress from home on board on my next cruise. I'm so glad they upgraded the beds! The space bags helped on my last two cruises, but it was a tight fit! We have a king size mattress and for some reason the airline insisted we check it through and would not allow it as a carry on. Then... oh well I guess you can get the picture. It's not pretty.

Thank goodness we no longer have to do that!!

Linda :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK, I confess, the new Signature of Excellence program will now save me the trouble of smuggling my own mattress from home on board on my next cruise. I'm so glad they upgraded the beds! The spces bags helped on my last two cruises, but it was a tight fit! We have aa king size mattress and for some reason the airline insisted we check it through and would not allow it as a carry on. Then... oh well I guess you can get the picture. It's not pretty.

Thank goodness we no longer have to do that!!

Linda :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Linda,

Not all ships have received the new mattresses in all cabins. You may want to bring your mattress to be on the safe side. You could also hollow out the mattress and stuff a cow in it, to make sure you have the freshest beef possible.

Laffnvegas

Sounds great,

Ahhh a lovely night at sea of Bagpipe and Accordian Music accompanied by a lively jig.

Are there any Cloggers out there who would like to join in the festivities ?

To be on the safe side do like I do and have 1/2 a cord of wood delivered to your stateroom.

How much does ship's services charge for that??? :D ;) Or, does one need to smuggle it aboard?

How much does ship's services charge for that??? :D ;) Or, does one need to smuggle it aboard?
It's ridiculously expensive to purchase it from HAL. They allow you to bring it on board so you don't have to smuggle it. But they just raised the kindling fee (akin to corkage) to $17.50 a fire, plus 15% gratuity. So I think it's obviously best to sneak it on board.

For those people who like to stick to the rules I carefully went through my know before you go booklet and it does not mention anything about firewood.

BTW, be smart about it and make sure the wood is seasoned.

The space bags helped on my last two cruises, but it was a tight fit! We have a king size mattress and for some reason the airline insisted we check it through and would not allow it as a carry on. Then... oh well I guess you can get the picture. It's not pretty.

Oh, Lord help me ... I'm laughing so hard my side is hurting.

I can barely see the screen for the tears.

I haven't laughed this hard in days.

Thanks!

You may want to bring your mattress to be on the safe side. You could also hollow out the mattress and stuff a cow in it, to make sure you have the freshest beef possible.

How difficult is it to squeeze the air out of a space bag with a cow inside a mattress inside it?? Or ... should I also bring a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out??

15% Gratuity????? Do they light it for you, or is that for the Steward who delivers it to your cabin?
Revneal, all these questions. I thought you were an experienced HAL cruiser.:D

The wood is delivered along with my luggage while I'm at the Lido having the first of my seven meals that day. (Keep in mind it's the first day and I didn't get on the ship until afternoon. That's how I'm able to get by with only 7 meals.)

Anyhow, the fee is obviously for the person who lights it, otherwise they would not charge each time the fire is lit.

:)

Just happened to be looking at the "Ask a Cruise Question" board and someone who is going on an RCI ship asked if blenders were allowed. They don't want to pay $5 for non-alcoholic daquaries.

Just one more item to add to your packing list!!

:D :D

A smart cruiser never leaves home without their trusty blender :)

Never thought this thread could get so funny.

Like revneal we have been laughing till our sides hurt over the last number of posts.

One thought though, make certain that you have a long flue pipe handy when you use the fireplaces on the Prinsendam and the Vista class ships. Better also have one for the verandah so the smoke doesn't get in your eyes.

Never thought this thread could get so funny.

Like revneal we have been laughing till our sides hurt over the last number of posts.

One thought though, make certain that you have a long flue pipe handy when you use the fireplaces on the Prinsendam and the Vista class ships. Better also have one for the verandah so the smoke doesn't get in your eyes.

I think it's only common sense that you refrain from fires while in port. While at sea the movement of the ship should keep the smoke away from your cabin and only bother those that are aft of you (but who cares about them anyway). Just remember to douse the fire before going to bed if there is a port stop the next day.

Does anyone know if the fireplaces on The Prisendam are large enough to hang a large metal tub over to boil water for washing clothes?

How nice that fire place must be at night for making S'mores

Does anyone know if the fireplaces on The Prisendam are large enough to hang a large metal tub over to boil water for washing clothes?

How nice that fire place must be at night for making S'mores

Vicar,

I hope that you at least change the water before cooking in the tub.

Well i would cook in it first while the water was still clean and then after bathing in it, I would wash clothes

I am not gonna keep lugging that damn thing back and forth from the pool all night....I'm on vacation *LOL*