gym questions (Valor specifically)

anon1978

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the workout facilities on the Valor ship.

Do they provide you with a towel at the gym or do I need to bring one from my room?

Do they have a TV playing or any magazines so I can pass the time while doing my cardio routine?

Do they sell water bottles in the gym? What is the best/cheapest way to hydrate myself during my workout?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the workout facilities on the Valor ship.

Do they provide you with a towel at the gym or do I need to bring one from my room?

Do they have a TV playing or any magazines so I can pass the time while doing my cardio routine?

Do they sell water bottles in the gym? What is the best/cheapest way to hydrate myself during my workout?

Thank you!

Towels are plentiful and free, if you want to use a free locker, you give them your S&S card. TV's are playing by the cardio equipment. Not sure about water bottles, but they have fountains, probably best to bring a bottle.

I have several pics of the gym on the Imagination in my signature, the layouts are pretty standard, Conquest class ships definitely have more stuff!!!

Good to see that Dood could answer your question, because I spent a week on Valor last year, but never once stepped foot in the gym. Figured that I'm getting plenty of exercise with all of the walking and snorkeling, but for those who want to use the gym while on vacation, my hat's off to you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What a fantastic site this is having just found it. We are serious gym goes, triathletes, etc and will only cruise on big ships that we know will have good gyms. We have only cruised Royal Caribbean, the Voyager class but last month we sailed on the new Liberty of the seas. Best gym I have ever seen, in fact better than some gyms we have in the UK. Loads of free weights and benches, exercise balls and bosu (half balls) lifestyle equipment which are all the new machines. Two of every machine, spinning bikes, treadmills, elipiticals and ordinary bikes. Unbelievable. Is was busy in morning but better late afternoon as we go twice a day however there was always a machine or bench free as they have so many. They also have a boxing ring and punch bags. It is awesome, as you yanks would say!! Running track on deck is husge too. 4.25 laps a mile and a surfing rider! Didn't get to try this as sick (see below)

The only problem we had was we picked up a virus which went very quickly around the ship, about 500 of us got it and we had to confine ourselves to our cabin for 48hrs so we missed 2 days of this fantastic gym. Bummer!!:(

Didn't take any pictures of it but believe me it is fab as long as they get rid of virus. Only second week of sailing! Shame.:mad:

Keep pictures and descriptions coming as we can try other ships however don't think any ship could match this.

Anyone been on QE2? What is gym like?

• 3 months later...

Archived