Infant/Toddler Life Vest and Beach Toys

tanishao

I'm not sure about RCCL, but I believe all the ships provide life vests for toddler/children on the ship. However if you plan any excursions, your tours may not provide them(whether booked through the cruise or independantly) We have an upcoming cruise in 44 days with our 5 mo old daughter (she'll be 6 mo then). I just found and bought one for her yesterday. Found one for 13.00 on iboats.com--with free shipping!!!Not a bad deal.

I also did some research on the matter and it is suggested that a Type II lifevest be purchased for infants/toddlers.

Hope this helps...and happy cruising!

From what I've read, some vests are more flexible than others....some provide head support, and some can nearly flip someone over to face upwards if they are incapacitated--according to the website anyway. Others have multiple straps, through the leg straps etc (infants should have the leg strap deal) Whatever site I found yesterday was put out by a federal maritime organization like the Coast Guard but I can't seem to find it today.

Appears that this infant life vest on iboats has head support, almost like a pillow type deal that will definately keep the head afloat and promotes back floating.

great idea on beach toys. I didn't think about that. we are sailing in March. should I pack them with me or buy it from the port? I will be definetly takeing a life jacket with me because our last cruise on carnival we did not because we thought the ships would have one and we didn't want to pack it. They did not have one for my child to wear and everytime he wanted to go in the pool we had to be with him and he wanted his jacket.

i got that life jacket from iboats - thanks aadaneboy!

i figure i can buy some beach toys in san juan before the cruise and throw them away before we head back home... trying to eliminate all the things that i need to pack.

I wouldn't buy beach toys for an 18 month old. Improvise......ie buy the disposable travel cups and spoons for portable snacks - then use to dig and build sand castles. Buy a bucket of beer and save the bucket for the beach. Am 18 month old just wants to dig, fill and dump sand.

Have fun!

Archived