Waitlisted and upgrade questions

ilovetocruisetoo

My husband and I just finally decided to book the Crown for the week of April 21st - YEAH! Can't wait.

Just a few questions, we are waitlisted # 255 for second seating at dinner. Realistically, what are our chances of getting traditional seating? We don't really want to do anytime dining, as we like to sit with the same folks each night and like knowing where to sit and when!

Also, this is the first time we have booked through princess.com, usually use a TA. So how does it work to get an upgrade, or are we too late to hope for one? Will our booking just change or does Princess notify you by email that you have been upgraded? Do I need to mark something on our booking that I am willing to take an upgrade or is that understood?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is no way to predict when an upgrade might happen, no magic for booking or anything else.

As far as booking straight through Princess.com, you can save quite a bit usually by finding a good discount TA. Princess doesn't discount any of their pricing, but TA's are still able to. If I were you, I would try to find a good agent to also give you a price on this sailing. Since final payment has not been made yet, I assume, you can still transfer to a TA and probably save some $$$ for doing it. Live and learn.

When I book, I search and search. I just booked on the Crown. I went through Princess for my hubby and myself because it was cheaper. Make sure you sign in that way you get your past cruiser discount price. For my mother, I went through a web based agency because it was cheaper. It was funny because one catagory was cheaper on Princess but another catagory was cheaper on the web based site. We had to call and get the gold insurance through Princess because the web company didnt have the gold. Princess did ask me if we would accept an upgrade if one becomes available. Who knows if that will happen. I have to admit that I feel more comfortable going through a TA or Princess directly since you have someone standing behind you if something should go wrong. A web based company only had an order taker and can't answer any questions.

Good luck! :D

I have the same question as ilovetocruisetoo ...

Tell us about being Waitlisted for dinner. In my case, we're Waitlist #12 for early trad. dining. Where, when, how do I track this, and/or finally find out if we're confirmed for this? I would hate to think that all I can do is keep checking my personalizer ... :confused:

Thanx guys ... as usual!

When we booked our Crown cruise we were waitlisted somewhere in the 200s also. A couple of weeks before the cruise we made it down to #7. That's where it stopped. We never did get Traditional Dining, but everything worked out ok. We were able to get the same table and servers every night in the anytime dining room and we never had to wait.

As far as I know, the only way to check where you are on the waitlist is through the Personalizer or through your TA. You really won't find out what seating you have been confirmed for until you check-in for the cruise.

The Crown is a beautiful ship! Have a fabulous cruise!:)

I have the same question as ilovetocruisetoo ...

Tell us about being Waitlisted for dinner. In my case, we're Waitlist #12 for early trad. dining. Where, when, how do I track this, and/or finally find out if we're confirmed for this? I would hate to think that all I can do is keep checking my personalizer ... :confused:

Thanx guys ... as usual!

I believe you must continue to check at the cruise personalizer section of the Princess web site or have your TA, if you have used one, do thisfor you. This is not hard to do or you could call Princess. With your low # you should get the early trad. dining.

As to upgrades, on our last cruise, our TA nitified us on Tuesday that we had been upgraded for that Friday's cruise. It showed up on the cruise personalizer at the same time.

A Funny story:

On that cruise, we got to San Juan and were waiting for our transfer to the ship. We started talking to the couple next to us and find out we are in the same cabin. We both pulled our docs and they both had Aloha 187.

Turned out they had been upgraded to a mini and not notified.

My wife was in a panic wondering how we would fit 4 in the cabin.

Paul

Archived