Westerdam forward 7033...any comments about such a forward cabin?

bingobeach

;) Hi hoping someone will share what this cabin may be like...to feed my addictive personality...have cruised twice before not with Hal and had mid-ship cabins...looking assurances that this is not too high...not to forward...regardless will have a GREAT TRIP March 11...but just wondering...:rolleyes: ...you guys are always great...thx.:)

we were above you on Navigation deck on a Baltic Cruise on the Westerdam. Very quiet and comfy. Not much traffic. Only one night did we feel rough seas and it was more like rocking in a cradle. The stabilizers did a great job. Loved the Westerdam.:D

We sailed in cabin 7034, we were happy with our cabin, it was very quiet, conveniently close to forward elevator, which we did not use much. You probably feel more motion, it did not bother us. Surprisingly, the only problem we had was smoke smell in our area and in the cabin. I’ve never experienced that before, I do not know where it was coming from, maybe we had smokers next to us, but we learned that if we leave door to the bathroom open and door to the balcony is not tightly shot, cabin fills with smoke smell. So we tried to keep all doors closed. But since you are on the other side of the ship, I do not think you will have this problem.

Man I am just getting over a bad bout of asthma...cats for Christmas...not in place of Turkey...just hanging around the receptions...so do you think the smoke situation you described was just a passing phase...

Sounds more than likely that someone in an adjoining cabin was smoking on their balcony which all pax are free to do. Most pax do not smoke so the likelihood one will, next door to you, is unlikely, but it can happen.

Oh please, pretty please, with sugar on top, let's not start another smoking thread.

Archived