? about formal night

Sandi149

I think the Captain's dinner is more formal...it has the past guest party prior to and Lobster/Fillet is served......these other factors make it the bigger of the two (in my opinion). I wore my main Tux accesories for the first night (tie, cumberbund, and suspenders)..........the more relaxed vest and long tie for the second.

Correction (I think). Lobster is served on the second formal night.
Lobster is served on the first formal night.

The first formal night seems to be a little more "formal" on the Conquest. Probably because the second formal night is on a port day.

would it be ridiculous if I ordered 5 plates of lobster tail?? :p :p

not to mention the crab leg appetizer one night.... might have to make that my dinner!!

on the Triumph I ordered 2 Lobster tail and a prime rib (skipped salad that night)....when our wonderful waiter Victor asked if anyone needed anything else.........I jokingly said to...."look around the kitchen for any plates going unclaimed, that I wouldn't wany any to go to waste"........he brought out 2 more tails and another prime rib. So because of his efforts I had 4 tails and 2 p-rib. For the record I normally don't do this at every meal, so get the HUGE FAT GUY image out of your mind LOL.

• 10 months later...

The cruise lines have gone from class to blue collar. On my first cruise 30 years ago on Princess it was coat and tie every night for dinner and a tux REQUIRED for formal night. Then came dark suit, now just a tie on some will do. Our 19 year old daughter was even let down by the dress of the other guest.

The cruise lines have gone from class to blue collar. On my first cruise 30 years ago on Princess it was coat and tie every night for dinner and a tux REQUIRED for formal night. Then came dark suit, now just a tie on some will do. Our 19 year old daughter was even let down by the dress of the other guest.

It has probably even changed since the post you replied to was written. You do know that yu replied to a post from last January....she may not be around waiting for an answer any longer...

Archived