Pitons in St Lucia

joseole555

I'm trying to figure out where I could photograph the pitons from a beach. I've seen a lot of beautiful photography and want to try to capture it from shore (as opposed to the ship or a catamaran)...any advice or beach names?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

The pitons might be tough to photograph from the beach. Anse Chastenet is very close to them, and there is an even closer one (almost at the base of the mts.) around the corner of the hill from Anse Chastenet, in between the pitons. But basically they appear to sit awfully close to those beaches so that photographing them from there seems like it would be next to impossible to get a good shot, although some can be had from inland. There may well be beaches some distance away that offer a view of their tops, with something else in the foreground. Someone from there might be able to offer better advice. Best view I've seen of them is from the water.

I was on a beach between the Pitons this Thursday. They are amazing. Hrd to photgaraph from the beach. You are basically at the base of one piton and it is 2000 ft straight up. If you want awesome pictures go on Seranade of the Seas. We left port at 4:30 were between the Pitons at 5:30 about 30 minutes before sunset. The ship then does a a 360 spin while about 200 yards from the beach. It is amazing.

We will be on the Crown next weekend. We are going on the cat to the pitons. What is the name of the beach below them? Has anyone done this tour. It is from 8:00-noon. Do you board the cat near the ship or have to take a Bus to it? Once we come back from the tour at noon, how far of a drive is it to get to that beach or Reduit beach? Not sure where we will be after the tour is over and want to make sure we have enough time to get to a beach to hang for a few hours. Any suggestions or info would be great.

Thx Kokonut

Do a search for Jalouse Beach Resort. I found it last night and the picture I saw on trip advisor made me want to know more about it...WOW!

I did some checking and found that it is about 48 kilometers from the dock, an $80 cab ride...WOW! again!

It is exquisite and the resort did extend an offer of a day pass to us for $95-$115 per day, depending on the length of stay. Food and activities were included. Supposedly a beach right at the base of the pitons, or one of them.

Do a search for Jalouse Beach Resort. I found it last night and the picture I saw on trip advisor made me want to know more about it...WOW!

I did some checking and found that it is about 48 kilometers from the dock, an $80 cab ride...WOW! again!

It is exquisite and the resort did extend an offer of a day pass to us for $95-$115 per day, depending on the length of stay. Food and activities were included. Supposedly a beach right at the base of the pitons, or one of them.

Check out this place. http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm The cost is only $60 pp for the day and they pick you up at the pier and take you to their place at Anse Cochon. Other CCers have used them and rave about them.

we just returned from the galaxy ....did a herod tour in st lucia .....his tour was wonderful ....saw wow scenery .....bannana plantation , rainforest , drive through volcano , and more , also the pitons at jalousie with snorkeling for those who wish or swim or lounge chair with a view ....you will be looked after and will not be sorry you spent the day with this awesome guy ...go and have fun ....m

Really would like to head off to the Pitons but we are disembarking at Pigeon Island (north).Cosol doesn't service this anchorage.Any ideas on how we could achieve this?Is there anything else to do at this port except the fort trip?

Ant

Archived