Good hotel in San Juan

ilovetocruisetoo

We are flying into SJU the day before the cruise, April 20th. Have not booked a hotel room yet, as it seems there are plenty still available. Any recommendations for a decent room? I see the prices range from about $100 - $350 for one night, so would like to stay in the $200 or less range. Just need something clean, comfortable in a decent (safe) location. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

We are flying into SJU the day before the cruise, April 20th. Have not booked a hotel room yet, as it seems there are plenty still available. Any recommendations for a decent room? I see the prices range from about $100 - $350 for one night, so would like to stay in the $200 or less range. Just need something clean, comfortable in a decent (safe) location. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TBNL0-20061205-071357-109.jpg Photos

Best Western Pierre 12px_3_fff.gif

105 Avenida De Diego, San Juan, Puerto Rico Map

4.2 Miles West of Luis Munoz Marin Intl

Hotel details

• <LI class=amenity>Pool <LI class="amenity unavailable">Pets allowed <LI class=amenity>Room service <LI class=amenity>Restaurant
  • Fitness room

More amenities

From

$172

per night

Select

SJUCP_thumb.jpg Photos

Holiday Inn

Photos

Holiday Inn SAN JUAN 12px_3_fff.gif

8020 TARTAK STREET, Carolina, Puerto Rico Map

1.5 Miles Southwest of Luis Munoz Marin Intl

Hotel details

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotel.jsp?z=ed10&r=25&z=ed12&r=27&lastPage=interstitial#

I recommend Hotel Milano in the heart of Old San Juan. Small and clean, has a restaurant on the roof top. They are in close proximity to all of OSJ and you can walk everywhere, even to the ship if you don't have too much luggage!!

We stayed at the Hotel Milano last year and would not reccomend it. The rooftop rest. isn't all that nice. The Cont. breakfast wasn't very good. We had a room facing the street. Thought it was neat until we went to sleep and were awakened from the noise from a nightclub two doors away. It was so loud and the vibrations that even with ear plugs it was horrible. If you like to party all night then it might be O.K., where you can sleep after 3 or 4 AM. The room was not very clean. They left some items laying around from the prior occupants in the bathroom and on the dresser. That said, the people that work at the hotel are very friendly, and it is near everything.:(

My husband and I are traveling the day prior to our cruise and our travel agent booked us into the Normandy Hotel. I've just read reviews over the net, so I'm not real familiar with it. We just took her advice and booked it. She was able to get us the best deal for that hotel (versus travelocity, expedia, etc) at $278 taxes included.

Hope this info helps!

Archived