Doing it right...limo from airport!!!

dexter

My wife and I have never been in a stretch limo...so today I booked one for the ride from Miami airport to Port Everglades and believe it or not the price is not much higher than a regular shuttle and less than a taxi. You only live once I always say...so why not do it in style. We can't wait til 8/27.

Good on you Dexter. It is great to start to your wonderful holiday.

We always use a limo to take us from our home to the airport and vice versa, but we don't go as far as using a stretch. We were once given a stretch and I hated it! Felt too conspicuous. Anyhow, the fare for the limo is only about $5 more than for a taxi here. It is far safer to go by limo and have a sedate drive compared with a mad taxi driver who thinks he is up with the likes of Michael Schumaker and takes incredible risks

Jennie

Good for you Dexter - it's worth it to go in style. Everyone will be wondering who the VIP is arriving at the ship. :)

We too also take a Limo to and from the airport - so much nicer than riding in a cab and as Aussie gal said, the price is not much more. The driver at least helps you with your luggage and even gets a cart for you.

Last Christmas when we had to fly to Miami instead of FLL, we booked a Town Car. That was great and we had such a helpful driver that I would use the Company again if we had to fly into Miami. Price was good. :)

I always have a Limo or Towncar pick me up and take me to the airport for my cruises. I let them know when I'm returning, and I phone them before boarding the plane to fly back to let them know I'll need pick-up.

It's cheaper than driving to the airport, leaving my car in the outfield satellite lot, and struggling to get me and my bags all the way to the terminal. Then, doing that in reverse to go home. The price is expensive to park for 2 or 3 weeks ... as expensive as having a Taxi or a Limo pick me up and shuttle me to and from the airport. AND, I'd rather keep my car in the garage than out in a lot. :)

But all of that aside, I MUCH prefer beginning my vacation cruises by relaxing and letting someone else get me to and from the airport. :)

How do we go about booking one in FLL? We're flying down the day before and staying at the Pier 66. It would be nice to go from the hotel to the ship in a limo. Maybe I can convince hubby to do it. What is the price? Of course, we don't go on a cruise and try to budget. We'll just add it in to the cost of having fun. Can we tell them when we'll be back and have them drive us to the airport, too?

Hello Nasmas,

Just to let you know, you could practically walk from Pier 66 to the cruise terminal. If you could find a limo service to take you that distance, it wouldnt be worth the $$ for that short distance.

I agree with several others on this thread. We have a limo service pick us up at our house to avoid the high parking fees at the airport. Also, it feels like your pampering is starting sooner.

My wife and I sailed on the Zuiderdam 12-19June. We booked our airfare and a pre-cruise room through Holland America. When we arrived in Miami on 11 June we met with the Holland American Representative who advised us that we were the only people arriving that early (8:30 am) and that she would make our travel arrangments from Miami Airport to the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale. We were quite surprise that we were transport in a Limo to Pier 66. It was a great way to start off our Cruise.

I just searched the net for limos in Miami and found a fairly good rate. If you chose a town car that is around $65 for the ride from Miami airport to Port Everglades and about $100 for a stretch. Of course, the more exotic the limo the more exotic the price. I got sort of a break in price because someone I work with knows someone who owns a limo...I got the town car price for a stretch.

Archived