Well, We did it! Our First B to B.

olderpilot

We took the plunge on two very neat itineraries next June aboard Rotterdam, Rome to Dover, Dover to Copenhagen via Norway. Can't wait. About the only disappointment is we'll traverse the Strait of Gibralter at night.

Our most excellent TA found great rates too, well below HAL's web prices even considering a 10% HAL b to b discount.

Already started looking at Normandy tours, Rome hotels and Italy tours.

Hopefully, some of the HAL regulars will join up too.

Jerry

:)

You will love doing back-to-back cruises. And what a back-to-back itinerary!!

We were just looking at the Rotterdam schedule for Europe nest year a few hours ago. We also noticed that the Rotterdam is not stopping at Gibralter. We stopped there years ago and loved it.

We have been on the Rotterdam and loved her.

If we didn't already have a few cruises booked for next year, we would book one of the 2 that you have booked.

:)

Congratulations...what a great itinerary to select for your first set of b-to-b's.

We were at Gibraltar about 3 years ago and didn't think it anything very special. Reminded me alot of a duty free Caribbean island with all the stores one after another. Tons of jewelry, t shirts, junk.......

The monkeys are a terror if you take the tour to the top.....

I don't think you will be missing much. The best of it IMO was sailing toward Gibraltar and away from and seeing the "rock".

My only disappointment about Gibralter was not being able to see it in daylight. In my former life, I have tracked Russian submarines through the strait, but always at night. Some day I want to see what it looks like!

Really looking forward to the cruise!

Jerry

olderpilot

Check out Willem van der Leek's web site http://www.vdleek.nl/

as he has just posted some wonderful pictures of the Rotterdam V in Gibraltar. He has many shots of the island, especially the section where the Rot is docked and some photos of the monkeys. :D

When you open the Home Page, click on New photo-album: s.s. Rotterdam arrived in Gibraltar - part 4.. You will have to register to look at his photos but it is worth doing. Hope you enjoy them.

Jerry....that does make it of more interest to you, of course. Hopefully, you shall have the opportunity to return to The Rock and see it. Thank you for your service for us all.

Archived