Oh No! Another problem with rooms!

BadKittie

This is my first cruise, and while looking at an enlarged deck plan to find out my parents 9a suite number for my earlier post, I saw a weird symbol i didnt see in the actual book I had..

It was in the staterooms for me and my DB, one of them doesnt have beds that convert into a King! how terrible, being so close to sail date I wonder if there is anything they can do?

My TA is really wishy washy, and we actually booked cabins, not a guarantee, and she didnt even mention that...which is something worth mentioning! *Sigh*

I wonder if a Carnival Vacation Planner can help?

There are still some 9a cabins available for that sailing that are un-obstructed. They are......... 7299, 8235 & 8237 (which are side-by side), and 6277. I cheated and did a little checking on an on-line site (can't name it, but it shows what cabins are still open. Call your ta and tell them you want to switch cabins. Shouldn't be that big of a deal I wouldn't think, it's the same category so it couldn't cost ya more unless the ta charges a fee for doing so. Worth a try. Carnival won't help unless you book directly through them.

The 9a suite is actually going to work out fine, its my balcony room and my DB SIL's room that one of us might have the problem..8b rooms 5253 and 5257, 5257 is the one with the twins not converting.

Thank you all so much for your quick replies, I posted this about 2 hours ago and already got some replies. You all are really the best, I will call my TA in the morning to try to get it worked out. Thanks so much for the fast help!

This is my first cruise, and while looking at an enlarged deck plan to find out my parents 9a suite number for my earlier post, I saw a weird symbol i didnt see in the actual book I had..

It was in the staterooms for me and my DB, one of them doesnt have beds that convert into a King! how terrible, being so close to sail date I wonder if there is anything they can do?

My TA is really wishy washy, and we actually booked cabins, not a guarantee, and she didnt even mention that...which is something worth mentioning! *Sigh*

I wonder if a Carnival Vacation Planner can help?

funny you said that. i booked a triple inside and double balcony on liberty for a dec '07 sailing. couple of days later, i notice on the deck plan on the website that the inside has symbol for 2 uppers.

i called pvp and asked about this explaining that not only did i find it odd that the inside wld have 1 lower and 2 uppers, but if that was in fact the case, i'd be concerned b/c i didn't want my little guy sleeping on top (since my other guy, when he was his age, rolled right off of one!)

anyway, 1st time ever in my life getting an inside, so i didn't know if it was set up in this funky way. i directed pvp to deck plan on site. he says must be a quad, not a triple b/c there are no rooms w/ 1 lower and 2 uppers. i then say, well i don't want to get bumped for a family of 4 if we're occupying a quad w/ just 3.

he then looks at his book and says it's a triple w/ one upper, 2 lowers, web site must be wrong.:confused: :confused: :confused:

i am a little concerned about this and hope he is right!

9A are not suites. (jsut letting you aware)

All cabins have beds that can be put together exccept a few that can not. (handicapped cabins are one) Most are oceanview cabins across the front. the beds sit headboard to headboard.

Since you have an agent - carnival wont talk with you.

YOur best bet is to call the agent to see what else is available on the same deck. (something else may cost you more money)

-In reponse to the 91 not being suites, to my understanding, they are not the exact same as an 11 suite, but the TA told us it was an obstructed view suite. I dont remember exact SF, but it was a difference of about 25-45 SF from the 11 suites. I believe it was still 50+ SF more than the regular balcony cabins though, so it was classified as a "mini-suite" by the TA. Not quite as good as a suite, but when we booked the TA said all the suites were sold out :( ..

- and in response to my first post about problems with rooms, I emailed the PVP I had spoken too before booking the cruise( We went through the TA this time, because of the military mess.. but I wouldnt hesitate to book through this PVP, shes very helpful!) anyways, I emailed her last night before I posted this bulletin, and sure enough first thing this morning, she had emailed me back and assured me that both rooms have twins that convert, and there might have been a problem witht he symbols on the webpage.(Apparently they are VERY similar for one with a sofa/convertible and one with twins that dont convert.)

But, the problem is solved!

She (The PVP)was really great, we got into contact when I was trying to book this cruise, and we ended up with a better deal through the TA this time, but she has been nothing but friendly and helpful even knowing that we had booked through a TA..maybe she wants our future business? lol, either way, shes probably got it!

Thanks again for all the replies on here. You all are great!

... Only categories 11 and 12 are suites, there are no "junior" or "mini" suites on Carnival.

i'm not sure about that. i have seen many threads and posts by CC members that refer to cat 11s as "mini suites". whether they are right or wrong, i do not know (although i know you are saying they are wrong).

but what i do know is that the cat 12 (and not the cat 11) is referred to as a "penthouse suite", at least on the fantasy class ships, and it is not only larger than a cat 11 (mini suite or whatever), but also has amenities that the cat 11 does not have (like the jacuzzi tub).

There are still some 9a cabins available for that sailing that are un-obstructed. They are......... 7299, 8235 & 8237 (which are side-by side), and 6277. I cheated and did a little checking on an on-line site (can't name it, but it shows what cabins are still open. Call your ta and tell them you want to switch cabins. Shouldn't be that big of a deal I wouldn't think, it's the same category so it couldn't cost ya more unless the ta charges a fee for doing so. Worth a try. Carnival won't help unless you book directly through them.

Hey bubbles, We may be adding some others to our cruise and it might be good to see what is open. Care to share that site with me via email? cart6627@yaoo.com. Thanks!

but what i do know is that the cat 12 (and not the cat 11) is referred to as a "penthouse suite", at least on the fantasy class ships, and it is not only larger than a cat 11 (mini suite or whatever), but also has amenities that the cat 11 does not have (like the jacuzzi tub).

The cat 11's that I've had on the Destiny and the Triumph DO have jacuzzi tubs

We werent expecting VIP check in or anything, parents just wanted a bigger room since we were told when we booked that all the 11s were booked already and thats really what they wanted.

I may have used the wrong terminology when referring to the 9a as a mini suite, im just repeating what it was called when we booked it. The terms told to us were the Penthouse(12) Suite(11) and then bigger rooms, sort of a mini-suites.

I didnt know that any of the rooms had jacuzzi tubs in them? thats pretty neat!

The cat 11 cabins on the Pride (we had two - one on the side and one rear corner with the wrap-a-round balcony) both had jacuzzi tubs.

Hey bubbles, We may be adding some others to our cruise and it might be good to see what is open. Care to share that site with me via email? cart6627@yaoo.com. Thanks!

Bubbles..

I too would love to know the website that shows the cabin availability. Does it offer it just for Carnival or all cruise lines? Please respond to me at vegasmar10@yahoo.com and put Cruise Critic in the subject line.

Thanks sooooo much!:)

Originally Posted by bubbles1209 viewpost.gif

Above is the quote I meant to copy into the previous post. Same request though..thanks..

Archived