balcony size/Dolphin Deck Crown Princess

crissyp

HI...I've been reading so many posts where people compare balcony sizes and balcony furniture from one deck to another but I have not seen anyone mention anything about the Dolphin Deck on the Crown Princess.

We've booked a mini suite for a July cruise, and would never have thought to ask this question, but now I'm curious.

Does anyone know if this balcony is small/larger than others?

I think I've learned that this balcony is uncovered. Does anyone consider this a disadvantage?

Just wondering about the small things, but would love to know what to expect.

Thanks,

Crissy:rolleyes:

Based on my experience on the Caribbean Princess which is the same design as Crown Princess, Dolphin deck mini-suite balcony is about 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep which is larger than balconies on Baja, Aloha, Riviera or Lido which are 9 ft. x 5 ft. but smaller than Caribe deck balcony which is 9 ft. x 9 ft. (These measurements apply to port and starboard balcony sizes only - Aft facing balconies on Baja, Caribe, Dolphin tend to be deeper still and fully covered. However, the aft balconies on Dolphin Deck are NOT mini-suites but either full suites or regular balcony cabins. )

Given that my husband is not a sun lover, the fully open balcony on the Dolphin Deck is a big drawback - such that we prefer the smaller cabin size of the regular balcony cabins on Caribe Deck with their larger and half-covered balconies.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

We usually get a mini suite--really like the uncovered--seems larger and like you're really on the balcony

We've had some really great large balconys--on Princess--w/amini suite

In the freezing cold we had a beautiful--larage balcony on the Sea Princess--but, I think it may be covered

Enjoy your balcony

Nancy:D

Hi- we really enjoyed our balcony on Dolphin deck for 2 weeks in late november/early dec. Yes they are uncovered, but this did not seem to pose a problem. If it rains you go inside for a few minutes. It never lasts long, and between about 930 1nd 11pm they wash the upper public decks so there will be some spray- again just go inside. They are big and we enjoyed eating our breakfast out there, as well as stargazing, as with no roof you can relax in their lounge chair and enjoy. Fun to sleep out there too!

Have loads of fun!!

Archived