Infinity Info

Germancruiser

Hi all Infinity cruisers,

As I am on board Infinity in April I have a few questions.

1. Is it true that Notes is gone to give room for the Computer Room???

2. What is in the location " The Tower" now?

3. Did they install the new bedding?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings and happy cruising to all!

Michael

Hi all Infinity cruisers,

As I am on board Infinity in April I have a few questions.

1. Is it true that Notes is gone to give room for the Computer Room???

Notes is gone. You could rent I-Pods from the library. I'm not sure that is still true since I hear there is no longer a full time librarian.

2. What is in the location " The Tower" now?

I read that they added some new cabins.

3. Did they install the new bedding?

Not sure. I don't believe so.

Thank you in advance!

Greetings and happy cruising to all!

Michael

You are welcome. Maybe someone will add to this.

Hi John,

thank you for your info. Can´t wait to check what they have done, also curious about the filled hole between Deck 4 and 5 ( Martini- Bar)

Michael

Yes, that surprised me when I walked into the Martini Bar and saw that piano sitting where it was open to the Rendez-Vous lounge before. At first I thought that Infinity was originally built differently than other M-class ships. Then I found out it had been retrofitted in dry dock. It's OK, I guess, you can listen to piano music instead of the band or duo or trio from below in the lounge.

Hi John,

I am not really sad about the " filled" hole. The only good thing about it was that I used to watch Karokee from above. And evil as I am I nearly fall through the hole from laughing sometimes ( not openly of course...) on the other hand I adored some of them for their courage.

Can´t wait to see what they have done with Notes or the Tower, I heard rumors about Acupunctur....

Greetings and have a great weekend!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that 'notes', 'words', 'accupuncture is actually replaced with rooms because we have booked one of these. Every website you check has a different schematic of these decks. The one on Celebrity.com actually shows these as rooms. When I called Celebrity to book, they claimed they did not see them in their new books. I asked them to check the same website that I was looking at and they were surprised there were rooms displayed on the deck plans online. When they checked to see if these were booked, they were not...so was able to book a midship cabin not far from our friends that booked a balcony down the hall. Nobody really has an answer if these cabins exist but we are booked in one of them so hopefully it is that the rooms replaced these other public areas vs the other way around.

just back from infinity...acupunture is on deck 12 where ther used to be a floral stand....just a tiny one now.

Notes is in the teen lounge...didn't check it out but does sort of make sense...teens being the most likely to use.

The Tower...is the two floors under the library...or was it the two floors over? Anyway...never saw any activity there at all...so no idea what if anything The Tower is/was.

We did not have new bedding....bed was ok...but definate body 'ditches' and a hill between. The spread was old and shabby looking, carpet worn and the orange color theme is incredibly dated ( was when installed also). Some mildly bothersome mildew in the the shower stall and a very shabby shower curtain. Otherwise ok, and clean. We had 7178. Went to the spa and found LOTS of mildew in the shower in a massage room...creepy/disgusting!!!! Nice massge though.

Most public areas were clean and presentable...some wear and tear but nothing especially dirty.

The new arrangement for the Martini/Champagne/Rendezvous bars (the filled hole) I think is much better. The Constellation bar was great, although the stainless steel dance floor did not get good reviews.

BUT...no POD problems nor any Noro outbreaks I heard of...self serve with shared utensils all through the cruise.

GENERALLY, a great cruise. Wish I was back onboard.

Will post a long review later.:D

HI Anniecat

thank you for your detailed answer. I can´t wait to see all the changes myself. I hoped for the arriveing of the new bedding- anyway I always sleep as a baby on a cruise. These shower curtains are story for themselves- uah. They should take care of the mildew on any showers all over the ship, looks always ugly. Can´t wait to read you review. Hope you get over your "cruise fit" soon. Best way for it is booking the next one.

Cruise Raider I have no idea about the rooms, but I guess if you booked in one of these they definatley will be there.

Greetings and happy cruising

Michael

Your reply gave me a bit of a chuckle. I was a bit worried when I read that the tower was still there. I figure they do have to put me somewhere....I will take whatever room they have available midship....hey, if it has to be an ov or bal, even better. thanks for the laugh.

Archived