Taxi or private driver to Jalousie

lynninsc

We would love to spend a few hours on the beach at Jalousie while in St. Lucia for the day in April. I have contacted numerous guides recomended on this board, and all of them want to do a "tour" for the day. We would like to just spend a few hours at the beach, and then upon returning to Castries browse around in the market. Does anyone know if it would be possible to hire a taxi at the port to take us? How much do you think it would cost and how long would it take us to get there? Does Jalousie Plantation allow people to hang out on its beach for the day?

We went to Jalousie as part of Cosol's tour. It is a long way from the port, and I would imagine you will spend as much (if not more) on a taxi as you would for a tour. St Lucia is beautiful and well worth a tour.

Jalousie appeared to be very private. When Cosol's tour arrived, our bus was parked and we boarded a hotel van to be driven to the beach. Cosol is very well known, and probably pays the hotel for the privilege of taking his tours there. I'm not sure that 2 individuals would be welcomed in the same manner.

Beach chairs and snorkel gear wee available for rent, although they were expensive. We were told the pool was for guests only. There were very few people in sight. It is a beautiful setting between the Pitons!!

There was still an hour or two after the tour for shopping in town.

We went to Jalousie as part of Cosol's tour. It is a long way from the port, and I would imagine you will spend as much (if not more) on a taxi as you would for a tour. St Lucia is beautiful and well worth a tour.

Jalousie appeared to be very private. When Cosol's tour arrived, our bus was parked and we boarded a hotel van to be driven to the beach. Cosol is very well known, and probably pays the hotel for the privilege of taking his tours there. I'm not sure that 2 individuals would be welcomed in the same manner.

Beach chairs and snorkel gear wee available for rent, although they were expensive. We were told the pool was for guests only. There were very few people in sight. It is a beautiful setting between the Pitons!!

There was still an hour or two after the tour for shopping in town.

How much time did Cosol give you at the beach?

Lynn I read that the water taxis from the port to Soufriere (where Jalousie is) take 40 minutes, and the drive is about 1-1.5 hours depending on traffic. One boat making that run is Peter The Great, of Exortic Tours. We contacted the main reservation site for Jalousie about day visits, who suggested we email the conceirge, and we never got a reply. Gorgeous location between the Pitons, too good for us party animal cruisers I guess.

We often go to the resorts in port, nice going back and forth between the pool and the beach, having snacks and drinks. We did get a nice email reply from the lovely Discovery Resort at Marigot Bay, about a half hour from the ship, offering free day passes for cruisers who are ordering snacks and drinks. Make mine a double :-)

-Bob

We contacted Jalousie Resort and inquired about day passes. I received a reply the next morning with a welcoming invitation. Depending on how much time we wanted to stay, the price ranged from $95-115pp. The first included lunch, snacks, use of all facilities. The second, an all day pass including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm not sure about drinks, that wasn't mentioned. I was told a cab ride would cost about $80. Don't know if that is one way?

I have the email so I could probably clear it all up in a day, or two. Does anyone know how much the water taxi is...I'd rather do that.

I have read some unfavorable reports about the hotel itself, and staff, and food. But I figure, I'm there for the view, not the other stuff. Hope this helps.

Archived