Category X cabins

This is the first time I have taken advantage of a Category X cabin. In this situation I do not know my cabin number but will be given one as the cruise gets nearer. I am less than a week from the cruise date (Feb 3) and I still dont know the cabin number. Can someone who has cruised this way before advise me as to when I will get the info on the cabin? What do I do about the tickets that I already have showing that I am still on the second floor (I upgraded to category X)? thanks:p

There are ways on the Royal Caribbean site, but really the easiest way would to just pick up the phone and call your travel agent to check or if you booked directly with Royal Caribbean you could just call them yourself with your booking number, if you have been assigned yet they will tell you.

Jimbo:)

A category X is a guaranteed balcony. You take the luck of the draw... you may end up with a balcony anywhere on the ship. You won't know your cabin number up front and it may not be assigned until right before sailing. If you are not overly selective about cabin location and would be happy with any balcony stateroom, the X rate can be a bargain since it usually allows you to book at cost lower than the rate for a self-selected cabin. I've booked guarantees several times;I've have never been disappointed. It's hard to be disappointed with any balcony, in my opinion!:)

thanks for the feedback/// I started off with an outside cabin for two of us at 1100.00 (total all expenses including insurance) and for 400.00 more was able to upgrade to category x cabins... knowing full well that others selecting their cabins are paying 1200 per person and then having to add insurance taxes etc... sounded like a good idea at the time:D

Hi - we booked the least expensive outside cabin and through a series of events we ended up with a cat x, and just last week we were assigned to a Superior Balcony cabin for nearly $1000 less than what other couples have paid. We don't leave until March so it's still possible that we'll be moved again from what I hear, but that's probably not too likely to happen. Have a great cruise and good luck on getting a great cabin. Let's face it - any balcony is better than no balcony ;-)

We've been booking guarantees (or run-of-the-ships) for many years and we never have been disappointed. It's a GOOD thing when you still don't know your stateroom number. They're still working to get you higher. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you hear the news at embarkation. Dont' worry about the tickets you are holding. When you show them at the cruise terminal, the staff's computer will have your upgrade information. Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived