Toursaver Tours--Help

Giantfan13

We have the Toursaver Book and are looking at several of the tours. I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the ones we might be interested in, or know of them.
1)Southeast Seas Kayaks (out of Ketchikan) Coupn #129
2)Alaska Discovery Wilderness Adventure--Glacier Bay Kayak Adventure)-Juneau #117
We are in our 50's and my wife has never kayaked before--she isn't THAT adventurous but is willing to give it a try.

3)Talkeetna Air Taxi--75 minute flight over Denali with Glacier Landing

Those are our main 3, and if anyone has any info on any of them, it would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of the others we were also interested in
Portage glacier Cruise
Scenic float on Kenai River
Horse Trekking Alaska (horseback riding around anchorage??)

And finally, has anyone any info on the Long House Hotel that they also have a coupon for. Thanks again for any help.

Giantfan13,

My wife and I saved over $600 using our toursaver book. We did the Southeast Seas Kayak and it was great. The guides were helpful and professional. They hold the Kayak next to the dock so you have easy access; they are very stable! In addition, we did the Kenai River float and had a wonderful time; time of the year could be a factor, as the river flow varies. We did it in early June and the river, and riverlets, we running pretty high. Fishing season is a factor as well. We stayed at the Kenai Princess lodge and save big bucks. three nights--for the cost of two. We did Glacier/Whale watching out of Seward, as well as Whittier. I think the Kayaks in Glacier Bay is an over-night thing--check it out, as I don't think it would work from a cruise ship??
Enjoy! Kel

Hi, I'm new to the boards. Just booked 7/1/05 cruisetour on the Dawn Princess. Never been on Princess before and I'm reading all I can. One question, where does one get this Tourbook I'm reading about and I'm a little concerned over the mechanical problems of the ship. Do you think all will be fixed by next July?

We have only been on three cruises and all were on Carnival. Very excited about this one.

Tina

You can get the toursaver book by going to [url]www.toursaver.com[/url] and ordering it. I would assume you would have to wait until 2005 to get the book for next year. On this site you can see EVERY coupon that they have in the book in advance, you just don't get who is doing the tours etc and the phone numbers. Several people, including myself, have bought used toursaver books from others who have cruised already that same year. Many list them here as soon as they come back. Even so, the $100 initial cost is pretty much saved if you use it once or twice. If you are doing a land/cruise and doing the land part on your own, this book will save you mucho money.

The 2005 toursaver book probably will be available the end of this year- but no rush to purchase it, you only need the coupon when you get there and can perhaps buy a used book if you go later in the season. Consider CAREFULLY any cruisetour purchase- there is so much that is not listed. Be fully informed on what you have purchased. I recommed at least 7 additional days so all your time is not in transit.

Giant- if you are on a cruise ship- the Glacier Bay kayaking won't be available to you- it doesn't leaves out of Juneau. Your other choices are good. I don't use toursaver coupons on lodging- I always find better deals and greatly prefer B&B's.

Archived