Disembarkation?? - JOS - Ft. Lauderdale

Hi - Can any recent sailors on the Jewel of the Seas tell me PRECISELY what time the 1st announcement the ship was cleared was made??

I'm trying to book airfare and need to know if this thing clears at 8:30 (as I would expect)... or much later (Like NYC which is 11 AM).

I understand the security at airports, and I am aware of what I need to do to that point (please no lectures about that - thanks!).....

We are going on the 3/24 departure - returning April 1... and airfare to Ohare is like $1 Million Dollars right now.... So I need some help saving $1,000 dollars (5 of us going).

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

She typically begins disembarkation at around 8:30. We did the express walk off on Sat. and were the first off at 8:35. We lined up for it at around 7:45 hoping we might be disembarking a tad sooner than that b/c we had a 10:10 flight out of FLL. No such luck.

In any case we cut it close, but we were in a cab and at the airport by 9:00 for our 10:10 flight.

We sailed on a B2B in November/December and on both legs disembarkation began right around 8:30. The ship was clear by 10:15 on the first leg, which is when they took us B2Bers off to process us for the second leg.

On the second leg, there were 3 groups of Express Disembarkation (carry all your own luggage), and they were called in order. I don't think the last of them were off the ship before 9:15 or so.

We just got back from the Jewel on Jan 21st and the ship was cleared around 8:30 - 8:45 am the express got of first and that was a mess tons of people trying to get off, we followed them as he had an excursion booked thru the cruiseline. Everyone gathers on deck 5 as this is the deck you disembark from so the stairs are full of people.

Chistine

Archived