Charge for water in the dining room?

michigan tim

NO. This question has been asked so many times. Where are people reading this bad info?

Tap water is free onboard, bottled water they charge for (obveously). Which is weird because the water on board is just as if not more pure than the water in the bottle. (google reverse osmosis desalination)

Im going to google that because I usually only drink bottle water but the water that they served at dinner was great. No need for bottle water I thought the tap water was better. I made my own Ice tea and it was better than there pre made ice tea

All modern ships use "potable" water which is pumped from outlets on the quayside ( look when you get off the ship for a blue 3 or 4" dia pipe). This water is then processed through reverse osmosis equipment to purify the liquid to 99.99 % pure. Bottled water, however, whatever its source is less than 99.99% pure. It contains allsorts of residues from its journey through the ground to its collection point.Remember a few years ago one French company had to retrieve all of its production as the water was deemed contaminated with "hydrocarbons" which had been collected in the water through the rock formations and not filtered out

I personally do not drink bottled "aqua minerali", when on board , for this one reason .I know, from experience in the shipping industry, which is the purer.

Archived