whats a good thing to do here with kids?

sherrix2

My girls 2 and 6 loved the beach. It is really calm and shallow... It was easy for them to play in. There was also a sand bar farther out that we took them too. There are hermit crabs everywhere so my 6 yr old loved catching them. She also had a fresh coconut to drink (add a little sugar though)... There is a huge pool at the pier but it is packed like sardines..

We took the van down to Mahajual and just walked until we say an area that had some trees and hamocks and a nice stretch of water. It was across from the WONDERFUL and great priced FRESH BEER BATTERED SHRIMP TACOS.... They were SO GOOD. I was actually talking about them to my husband tonight. If we go back that will be our first stop....

This is the Costa MAYA -- take the kids to the Mayan ruins! It will not only be a lot of fun, it will be highly educational (but you don't have to tell the kids that!)

The tour with David and Ivan would be great for them. It is about a 40 minute drive to the ruins, but once there David (or Ivan or Carolina) will do a leisurely tour of the ruins and there are all sorts of interesting things for the kids to see. And when they get to the huge steps up to the plateau it will be a challenge for them (and you!) to go up!

Check out our pics at

The Halls Western Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

This is the Costa MAYA -- take the kids to the Mayan ruins! It will not only be a lot of fun, it will be highly educational (but you don't have to tell the kids that!)

The tour with David and Ivan would be great for them. It is about a 40 minute drive to the ruins, but once there David (or Ivan or Carolina) will do a leisurely tour of the ruins and there are all sorts of interesting things for the kids to see. And when they get to the huge steps up to the plateau it will be a challenge for them (and you!) to go up!

Check out our pics at

The Halls Western Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

I have to agree with Mike. My kids, 7yr old girl and 11yr old boy LOVED the Chaccobean ruins tour. It was an adventure they will never forget. They've walked on many beaches in their lives, but this time, they went into a jungle, saw many new and strange things, and learned about the Mayan culture and even learned how to count to 10 in mayan.

We went first thing in the morning and returned back to Mahajual and still had 3 or so hours to enjoy the beach....

Archived