CB Food

Capt

Keeping in mind that the taste of food on a cruise is highly subjective, I do recommend that you try some of the following items, in addition to your normal favorites, from the different menus:

1. The breads should not be taken for granted. Best we have had at sea.

2. The fettucine alfredo that is offered each night as an appetizer. 2 of these will suffice as an entree.

3. The sushi- we had 2 offerings as a buffet item. Not what you would get at an upscale sushi bar but very enjoyable.

4. The eggplant parmesan was offered as an appetizer. Tough item to prepare even at home let alone for thousands of passengers.

5. The spaghetti w/ meatballs of all things were beyond our expectations.

6. The sugar-free desserts at dinner.

Again, these are subjective recommendations but do not be afraid to try these items. I'm sure there are others that I may have either overlooked or just did not try.

Enjoy!!

I looked at the menu and dont see spaghetti-- is that listed as an anytime item or is a kids menu item?? maybe i am just missing it

Sorry i was not specific as to where you could find it.

In a lunch buffet. Cannot remember the exact day.

#3 - if you are use to eating very good sushi IMO stay away from the sushi -

I can't eat it - but I also live in fl and we have plenty of sushi restaurants

As I said, this is all subjective.

Thank you for being subjective about something you cannot eat.

2. The fettucine alfredo that is offered each night as an appetizer. 2 of these will suffice as an entree.

Ask for the dinner-sized portion served in the cheese bowl. My only regret was that I waited until night 5 to try it... Wow, it was delicious! (My mother had made the recommendation, but I was waiting for a night when I had trouble finding something else to tickle my fancy. By night 5, I wanted "simpler" food.)

We were there two weeks ago, great cruise, We were able to preview the menu at dinner during our desert, we had someone in our group who had an alegery to lemons so the gave her the menu to order and they will not put any lemons near it. Well anyway on italian night there is no veal cutlet parm. we asked for it and got it with spegitti and garlic bread. MMMMMMMMMMMM

we did tip generously to everyone!

As I said, this is all subjective.

Thank you for being subjective about something you cannot eat.

and I also said (IMO) and I eat sushi in here in vero beach, fl about two to three times a week -

the first sushi I ever ate was on a cruise ship and it wasn't bad - but, like I said if you are use to very good sushi then stay away from the sushi on the buffet on the CB - I have been on the cb twice and have tried the sushi both times and I just couldn't eat it... last week on the star we learned our lesson and didn't even try it.

Keeping in mind that the taste of food on a cruise is highly subjective, I do recommend that you try some of the following items, in addition to your normal favorites, from the different menus:

1. The breads should not be taken for granted. Best we have had at sea.

3. The sushi- we had 2 offerings as a buffet item. Not what you would get at an upscale sushi bar but very enjoyable.

4. The eggplant parmesan was offered as an appetizer. Tough item to prepare even at home let alone for thousands of passengers.

5. The spaghetti w/ meatballs of all things were beyond our expectations.

6. The sugar-free desserts at dinner.

Again, these are subjective recommendations but do not be afraid to try these items. I'm sure there are others that I may have either overlooked or just did not try.

Enjoy!!

We are planning our first cruise and as I am an insulin dependent diabetic ( 30 years duration - well-travelled / understand diabetes and the importance of good control ) I am delighted to know that Princess do sugar-free desserts - what a treat:) . Are these well-marked on the menu?

We are planning our first cruise and as I am an insulin dependent diabetic ( 30 years duration - well-travelled / understand diabetes and the importance of good control ) I am delighted to know that Princess do sugar-free desserts - what a treat:) . Are these well-marked on the menu?

when you do go to dinner tell the waiter of your diabetes and what you need. He/she will stear you in the right direction.

My dad has done this and never been disappointed.

Capt,

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to remember if they had escargot on any of the menus?

yes they do. The escargot was fantastic last week!!! The avacado boat with seafood salad was also phenomenal.

The crab legs were very nice and the second night chocolate hazlenut souffle was to die for. Enjoy.

That you all for this interesting link, especially to the menus. Can anyone tell us which night the CB has caribbean night. It seems that might be the night to go to an anternative restaurant - but we would like to make reservations when we first get onboard.

thanks

cn

Archived