Shore excursions in Nassau...book thru Carnival or privately???

oceanstogo

I need some opinions on this one! In March DH and I will be taking our fifth cruise (third on Carnival) with a stop in Nassau. This will be our third time in Nassau but on previous trips there we've only shopped. This time we want to see more of the island and forego the shopping. My question is, what's are some opinions on booking shore excursions directly through Carnival or through the local excursions?? On our last cruise we booked locally for the sting ray encounter on Grand Cayman, and from what we heard, most people were disappointed who had booked the same excursion through Carnival. So, I'm looking for some opinions, and if anyone has any suggestions as to who to book through locally, I'd be very appreciative!!

We are going to book on the 14th of April, and i have been to Nassau twice without ever going to the Atlantis. Needless to say, we will be going there this time.

I have done the stingray thing and it was ok. Make sure you bone up on "Who let the dogs out" :)

Archived