CD Graham Seymour--where is he?

Does anyone remember where he was in 2005, particularly October 2005. I was on the Navigator Oct. 2005, and I think Graham Seymour was our CD, but I can't remember. I would like to know because, when I was on the Navigator, i didn't like the CD at all.

We cruised on Navigator in late September '05, and he went on holiday the same day that we went off the ship. So it couldn't be him. There was a picture and name of the new CD, but I can't remember who it was.

I also want to use the opportunity to add me and my husband to the list of cruisers who really like Graham Seymour - out of four CDs we've experienced, he's been the very best of them (and all of them were good). Did never notice any ego issues with Graham - and to be honest, it seems like the person attacking him in here, has a bigger ego problem...

I sincerely hope that we will have Graham as our CD in the future, his sense of humour and friendliness is highly appreciated.

Hello all,

Could someone explain to me why you would chose/not chose (especially NOT choose) a cruise based on the Cruise Director??? I may be living in an alternative universe, but DW and I chose a cruise based on:

a. cruise line

b. itinerary

c. ship

d. debarkation port

We cruised on Navigator in late September '05, and he went on holiday the same day that we went off the ship. So it couldn't be him. There was a picture and name of the new CD, but I can't remember who it was.

I also want to use the opportunity to add me and my husband to the list of cruisers who really like Graham Seymour - out of four CDs we've experienced, he's been the very best of them (and all of them were good). Did never notice any ego issues with Graham - and to be honest, it seems like the person attacking him in here, has a bigger ego problem...

I sincerely hope that we will have Graham as our CD in the future, his sense of humour and friendliness is highly appreciated.

I just looked at a review for October 2005, actually several reviews for the Navigator in Oct. 2005, and several did mention Graham Seymour, so it must have been a short vacation, because I guess he was the CD. I will have to double and triple check before I say I didn't like him, by checking my compasses if I can find them...or still have them.

Hello all,

Could someone explain to me why you would chose/not chose (especially NOT choose) a cruise based on the Cruise Director??? I may be living in an alternative universe, but DW and I chose a cruise based on:

a. cruise line

b. itinerary

c. ship

d. debarkation port

I would not choose a cruise solely on the basis of the CD, but if I had a choice of say two or three itineraries and Graham was the CD on one, I'd go with the cruise that he was on - he just made it so much more memorable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know the future plans of Graham Seymour? I would love to sail with him again... but of course I need to know what ship he is on before I can book this trip...

Many thanks for your help (or does someone even have his eMail address so I can contact him directly?)

hailqueen

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

a. cruise line

b. itinerary

c. ship

d. debarkation port

I have just returned from cruuise #70. Numbers 71 and 72 are already booked. Mr. Seymour, althougfh very talented, lacks sensitivity and needs lessons in human relations. He insulted me and when I calmly pointed that out to him he dismissed me by waving the back of his hand at me creating another insult. He knows he owes me an apology and refused to do so. That, by the way, was when he worked on Princess. It seems that he had several complaints and mine was just one of the reasons that Princess dismissed him.

I am Diamond Plus on RCCL and have a deal with someone there. Before I book I contact that person and am told if he is the CD. If he is I book a different vessel. I will never knowingly be aboard any ship that he is working.

I have just returned from cruuise #70. Numbers 71 and 72 are already booked. Mr. Seymour, althougfh very talented, lacks sensitivity and needs lessons in human relations. He insulted me and when I calmly pointed that out to him he dismissed me by waving the back of his hand at me creating another insult. He knows he owes me an apology and refused to do so. That, by the way, was when he worked on Princess. It seems that he had several complaints and mine was just one of the reasons that Princess dismissed him.

I am Diamond Plus on RCCL and have a deal with someone there. Before I book I contact that person and am told if he is the CD. If he is I book a different vessel. I will never knowingly be aboard any ship that he is working.

P.S. He insulted me in front of people and that's the only way I will accept his apology.

• 2 weeks later...

as of May 31st 2008 Graham takes over as cd from Ken rush on the independence of the seas until november.

i know this as i had the pleasure of speaking to him again while on that wonderful ship.

I have to agree with most of the comments here and say how nice and funny he is

maybe the persons that hate him so much would be better off sailing with Cunard on the QM2 as most of the people there would not like his great sense of humor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just come back off the IOS 31st may sailing to the med and can confirm Graham was he cruise director. This was my first time I had met Graham and found him to have a great sense of humour and to be a nice bloke. I thought his stand up comedy show was great although a little short.

That was our first cruise on Princess! He was great; can't remember his sidekick but they played off of one and other very well. Was on the Golden Princess the following year and he had been replaced by a female CD- she was terrible, the worst we've ever had. And boy were we ever disappointed when we realized Graham wasn't on board.

Let me first say that I'm a veteran cruiser with 64 under my belt. We have already booked four more for the rest of 2007 including the Navigator in December and the Liberty of the Seas in November(10th). We are Elite on Princess and Diamond-Plus on Royal Caribbean and have made friends with many hundreds of cruise ship employees. In all of our experiences we have NEVER had anyone, anywhere, on a ship or elsewhere in any business talk to us the way Graham did. HE may have been having a bad day and took it out on me. He had his opportunity to apologize then. Now it's just to late.

At that time my letter was one of several that went to Princess. Shortly after that I heard that he was let go. I sincerely hope that I was part of the reason. He deserved it.

Agaian -- he's a very talented guy but he has no reason to talk to any passenger the way he spoke to me.

Wow. To say that you are hopeful that someone lost their job due in part to the way you were treated on ONE occassion - that is one of the most vindictive things I've ever heard. There is almost a year in between your posts and it doesn't sound like your anger (or embarrassment) has diminished with time. Time to let it go and move on- it appears that Graham has:) Hope you have many wonderful cruising experiences ahead of you!

To Wilda -- If you were embarrassed the way I was I am certain that you would be vindictive as well. I am a professional journalist and I could easily have hurt the cruise line but that would have been very unfair to them. My anger has not diminished with time and will not until I receive an apology...a REAL apology... from his heart in front of my friends. I DO cruise with a lot of friends and family. I will be aboard the Freedom celebrating a milestone birthday and thus far we have booked thirteen cabins. I usually do travel with a group. We have 3 cruises booked for the rest of this year so far and I'm looking and 2 more.

No. I wish I could let it go...but I cannot. That's how hurtful Graham Seymour was and he knew it at the time.

If Mr. Seymour was sincere in what you closed with I would have heard from him by now...he knows exactly how and where to reach me.

We sailed Navigator of the Seas in June of 2006 and Graham made our first cruise with RCCL even more awesome! We loved him so much we bought his DVD and had him autograph it! Our oldest son STILL talks about his comedy and his morning shows while onboard. We just sailed with Liberty of the Seas this month and were VERY disappointed in the CD, he just was not as funny and as good at engaging the crowd.

btw, look forward to getting to know everyone here!

To Wilda -- If you were embarrassed the way I was I am certain that you would be vindictive as well. I am a professional journalist and I could easily have hurt the cruise line but that would have been very unfair to them. My anger has not diminished with time and will not until I receive an apology...a REAL apology... from his heart in front of my friends. I DO cruise with a lot of friends and family. I will be aboard the Freedom celebrating a milestone birthday and thus far we have booked thirteen cabins. I usually do travel with a group. We have 3 cruises booked for the rest of this year so far and I'm looking and 2 more.

No. I wish I could let it go...but I cannot. That's how hurtful Graham Seymour was and he knew it at the time.

If Mr. Seymour was sincere in what you closed with I would have heard from him by now...he knows exactly how and where to reach me.

It appears that the character attributes you associate with Mr. Seymour were more of a slip from his normal nice behavior. The part that seems to bother you the most was that it was done in front of a group of people but then it also means when you were pointing out a mistake he had made that was done in front of a group of people and might have been embarrasing to him and he just reacted. At one time I would have held on to what I considered a slight but I have come to the conclusion that is just my EGO talking because someone did not realize how important (i think) I am or what an expert I am. Since letting go of such thinking I am much happier. Until one is ready to change their thinking, this will not resonate with somone and the EGO will continue to control how we perceive a situation and leaves us open to hurt feelings.

Since I was responsible for the large group aboard I was asked to be the spokesman for several of us that approached him very nicely and calmly about an error in rescheduling of a show. We were not rude. We were ladies and gentlemen. Do you think I go on cruises to pick fights? Instead of a calm mild mannered response he snapped, shouted at me and absolutely refused to listen to a simple solution to the problem that perhaps he caused. I, then calmly stated that there is no reason for him to respond that way. I do not expect anyone to talk that way. Again - I remained calm. He then, muttered something and very rudely, dismissed me by waving the back of his hand. My entire group made sure that the upper echelon of Princess knew about his ill manners.

He was given every opportunity to discuss this matter with me. Instead, he chose to hide.

He is now on RCCL. I am a Diamond-Plus member on Royal and they are well aware of how my group and I feel. So far I have 13 cabins booked on a cruise for this October and was guarenteed that he will not be aboard.

Carostan,

You must be a very lucky person to let something like that bother you for such a long time. Obviously, you don't have any major problems in your life to continue to focus on the insult from Graham Seymour. We cruised with him on the Navigator in July 2005. Our whole family thoroughly enjoyed him especially his morning show. As it turns out, it was the last family vacation we ever took because my husband has since passed away. My children still fondly recall the cruise, and my son often mentions how funny Graham was. Hopefully, you can put this problem in the proper perspective.

Carostan,

You must be a very lucky person to let something like that bother you for such a long time. Obviously, you don't have any major problems in your life to continue to focus on the insult from Graham Seymour. We cruised with him on the Navigator in July 2005. Our whole family thoroughly enjoyed him especially his morning show. As it turns out, it was the last family vacation we ever took because my husband has since passed away. My children still fondly recall the cruise, and my son often mentions how funny Graham was. Hopefully, you can put this problem in the proper perspective.

First let me say that I am very sorry for your loss.

Then I must add that I truly AM a very lucky person. My personal situation is my own and has absolutely no place here on these pages.

Third -- You were not there when Graham Seymour took out his bad day on me. My friends who WERE there still talk about it.

And finally -- I never said that Mr. Seymour wasn't a talented person. He truly is. What he needs is a lesson or two in humilty and human relations. He knows darn well what he has to do.....swallow his pride and apologize.

The upper echelon of Royal Caribbean's management are well aware of what is going on ... and so does he.

The problem IS in the proper perpective.

• 3 weeks later...

have you ever stopped to think about this.

1. graham and his team work long hours to try and keep you happy

2. Was the mistake really worth making him look a fool in front of your friends?

3. Rccl dont seem to care what you think as they made him cd on their newest ship.

have you ever stopped to think about this.

1. graham and his team work long hours to try and keep you happy

2. Was the mistake really worth making him look a fool in front of your friends?

3. Rccl dont seem to care what you think as they made him cd on their newest ship.

I have to say that I just came off the Independence on July 12th after 14 days. Graham absolutely made the cruise. His team was terrific and I saw first hand how hard he actually works.

I can see how he could come off a little rude if being completely honest. However I do not believe we would have had such a great time if he had not been CD. After the quest he went out of his way to say hello to my husband each time he saw him. I only hope he will be on the Oasis when I book that or the Indy when it goes out of Ft. Lauderdale.

while I can definitely see where he'd have a rude side, fortunately we've never seen it. He absolutely makes our sailings wonderful. I always keep my fingers crossed that we sail with him again.

DD still watches his video - even mimics parts of his performance. He made THAT positive of an impact on a 10 year old!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived