CD Graham Seymour--where is he?

We just returned from Independence and thought Graham was fantastic. However he does have a very British sense of humour and we commented that it was lucky that the ship was nearly all Brits as we could see that anyone not tuned in to it could be very offended. By British sense of humour, he wrapped up the cruise with the standard smarmy " I hope you have all had a wonderful time (etc)" but finished with " if not..then tough luck!!" It was obvious he didn't mean it and his success in that role was shown by the fact that he got a standing ovation. He is so hardworking - one minute he'd be introducing in the theatre, the next minute he'd be doing lead vocals at the pool party. My son (16) had a chat with him and really liked him.

Also I assume that RC must rate him very highly to put him on a new ship.

Graham was the second CD I had the pleasure to meet (on Golden Princess in 2004) and by far still my favorite, while Tim Donovan comes a close second. Graham was very approachable and my wife and I spent about 10 minutes chatting with him over coffee one morning. He was always pleasant and we still talk about him this day. The fact that we are now Platinum members with Princess is a direct result of how he treated everyone onboard that Caribbean cruise and his shear talent.

Everyone has off days and everyone is different, but I would encourage anyone to welcome a cruise with Graham with open arms, he is one of the best.

The fact that he is still doing something he loves is refreshing and it will make us consider RCL, if it means the opportunity to sail with him again.

If anyone sees him in the future, walk up to him, run your fingers through your hair and say chao, in a suave Italian accent. I'm sure you will get a laugh and smile out of him. No matter how many times he did this on our cruise, it always drew a laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved Graham on our recent, first cruise on the Independence of the Seas. As others have pointed out he has a very british sense of humor.

One night he did an 'adult' comedy show. Which I didn't find all that funny. But in all other respects he was great - the morning show, the way he introduced the shows, the ship-wide announcement of a "strange object spotted in the sky.... the sun!" after two days of cloudy weather heading down to the Med, the way he created instant crowd excitement for an event called "The Quest" and the way he soldiered on during the Brit Parade when almost our fellow passengers looked very glum indeed (near end of cruise blues I assume?!) But then on the final night of the cruise he was on stage about to sing. I sunk into my seat slightly wondering if he was going to be anywhere near as good as the excellent, full time vocal performers on the ship. But he performed an incredibly good "Through the Barricades" by Spandau Ballet. A tricky song and an inspired choice which he sung superbly. Then he followed up with "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Again a super performance. Very memorable.

hi i have just got of off independence of the seas like as in yesterday (6/09/08) and we had graham seymour as our cd he was fab so good infact we bought his d v d not yet watched it but cant wait to, i hope this helps i dont no how long he is going to be on there but thats where he is right now

lorraine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
here's a little story about our experience with Graham. We've only been on two cruises - once on Celebrity and once on RC. The RC cruise was our entire family. At the time my daughter was 14 and struggling with mood swings and hormones as some girls are. Depression was a problem for her. This RC cruise was just what the Dr. ordered. Her spirits and mood picked up immensly and she had a great time. Much of this was due to Graham helping her to relax, laugh and enjoy herself. My wife and I also had a very positive, professional interactions with Graham. When we arrived home, my duaghter emailed Graham letting him know what a great time she had and that it helped a lot with her depression and thoughts of suicide. Within days of getting the email, Graham has called us, at home, from his office on the ship making sure that our daughter was ok, that we were aware of the situation (which we were), and asking if there was anything that he could do. he also replied to her email. In my book, Graham went above and beyond to make sure that everything was ok. Some could argue that with the information he had, he was REQUIRED to make those contacts. However, there was a genuiness to his tone that says there was more to it. We would gladly sail with him again. Just my two cents.

HOW CAN I CONTACT GRAHAM? HE.S AMAZING JUST CAME BACK FROM CRUISE YESTERDAY, HE MADE THE HOLIDAY

while on the ship last week , i asked graham if he would be on the independence next year, and he said he will be there until may 09, but he might extend, i sincerely hope he does, as we are booked to go again next september,.. if he isnt there we will be gutted, it wouldnt be the same without him, he really made our holiday, and we couldnt wait to see him every night in the theatre, he made me laugh so much, he is so talented with amazing charisma, and so professional, and very friendly and down to earth off stage, we are still talking about him now we are home. graham i cant praise you enough for your hard work and energy, i dont know how you do it ... well done!!

• 1 month later...

I am so glad to find out where Graham is now. He was absolutely the best one we have ever had and we have cruised quite a lot. I know there are a few that have a beef with him and that's too bad. Knowing where he is now will give me reason to do the Independence next. Thanks for the info.

Barbara

So thrilled to hear that Graham Seymour might be on Indy next May. He was just so funny this year. Wonder if he has a new repertoire - although he's funny enough to get away with repeating things.

If anyone hears that he is definitely on Indy, do let everyone know!! Graham, if you're reading this, do tell!!!

:)

I will resist the urge to speculate about the perspectives of those who dislike Graham Seymour as a cruise director but add me to those who enjoy him. I have cruised with him twice and found him to be on of the highlights of the trips. His "Be very Afraid" morning show was a riot (I could watch the bit where he thinks the iron is the phone and answers it, again and again.) Is it possible that any dominant-style entertainer is going to ruffle some feathers now and them? I wonder if anyone in that position that never gets called on the carpet is trying hard enough.

John in OH

Carnival Festivale

Grand Princess

Celebrity Galaxy

Carribean Princess

Saphire Princess

Adventurer of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Celebrity Summit (Jan '09)

we loved him...of course mom and i have rather warped sensed of humor! but he's the one who really stands out- and he does have a nice voice too!---however, i don't have much interaction with ANY CD.......i never speak to them, etc....we aren't big "joiners" so aside from what we see and hear, the CD doesn't make or break a cruise for us.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
we loved him...of course mom and i have rather warped sensed of humor! .

We just spent 8 days on RCIOTS and Graham's cabin was on the same deck - believe me he's constantly racing up and down those corridors playing catch-up - it's a huge job keeping 4,000 people entertained.

He's funny, friendly & multi-talented. (He stopped twice in mid-run to acknowledge something my spouse said). He does have that sarcastic/flippant Brit humour which we "get" but that maybe the more starchy type might find off-putting.

This was just our 2nd cruise - and we have zero recollection of the previous CD which says a lot.

However, the 4 veteran cruisers (all Canadian) at our dinner table all unanimously gave him the highest marks saying he was the best CD they'd encountered in all their years of cruising....

He and his talented & hardworking staff certainly made the cruise for us..

My TA is on the Indy right now and hopefully Graham is there too. I have been asking around on some cruises we were on recently and speculation has it he may be on the Oasis at some point after Ken Rush brings her out. There will be 2 CD on that ship.

I hope Graham remains on the Independence this summer, He was our cruise director when we sailed on her last October and he was brilliant! I would not book a cruise on the basis of who the cruise director is, but I will definately keep my fingers crossed that he is on her when we return this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Was Graham on Caribbean Princess at one point during its first year? I could have sworn that was the name of the CD

So are we saying that Graham was with Princess and then switched to RCI???

I'm pretty sure you are right. I know he was w/Princess for many years.

The more I think about it the more I believe that there was an "Alister" on Princess. Now I'm starting to wonder if I got Graham confused w/Alistar.

Does anyone remember Alistar on the Golden Princess in 2002/2003?

Wow havent been on here for a while... wanted to say thank you for all your kind words.

Had a blast last year bringing out the Independence and we ended up being the #1 ship in the fleet for the year, very proud to be part of that team, and the highlight of my career so far.

I will be on ID right the way through until Oct 9th, the 6 & 8 day are very busy but a lot of fun

be well, and by the looks of things I'll be seeing quite a few of you again

Graham

Wow havent been on here for a while... wanted to say thank you for all your kind words.

Had a blast last year bringing out the Independence and we ended up being the #1 ship in the fleet for the year' date=' very proud to be part of that team, and the highlight of my career so far.

I will be on ID right the way through until Oct 9th, the 6 & 8 day are very busy but a lot of fun

be well, and by the looks of things I'll be seeing quite a few of you again

Graham[/quote']

Graham! I just got off the IOS (March 7 sailing). You were fantastic! I really enjoyed your comedy show. thanks for making the cruise so memorable. Even got my pic taken with you! Really nervous so foolishly didn't say hi. take care!

Archived