Don't miss the flying fish

bingobeach

:) Will be on our first Hal Cruise on the Westerdam on March 11...for all you cruisers, I never believed it til I saw it with my own eyes...flying fish kept us quite entertained during times at sea...at first I thought they were little birds...but they :eek: WERE fish flying through the wake caused by the stabilizers of the ship...sometimes it is the little things that really amaze ya:)

:) Will be on our first Hal Cruise on the Westerdam on March 11...for all you cruisers, I never believed it til I saw it with my own eyes...flying fish kept us quite entertained during times at sea...at first I thought they were little birds...but they :eek: WERE fish flying through the wake caused by the stabilizers of the ship...sometimes it is the little things that really amaze ya:)

Those flying fish can be hazardous to your health! While in the Amazon, we took the night-time aligator hunting excursion. When we got out on the river, we transferred to smaller canoes which were low to the water. The guide mentioned to us to watch out....that we might have fish "jumping into the boat" and we kind of laughed.

But after we got our aligator and were heading back in, I was the lucky person who was hit in the face by a flying fish. It whacked me on the cheekbone right under my eye, and it packed a wallop. My face was sore for days. I was so thankful it didn't hit me directly in the eye.

I agree with you....the fish are a lot more fun from your balcony or an outer deck than they are down on the water.;)

Isn't it wonderful the first time you realize you've just seen a flying fish? We saw our first one about 5 years ago and were so excited that we kept watching for what seemed like hours. Now we always make a point of looking for them whenever we are in the Caribbean.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived