CB 01/28 review

kidcruisers

This was our first cruise and we used these boards alot before we left.I am 41 DW 37 and kids 4 and 9.

Embarkment was fast and efficient and only thing we will do differently next time is take a taxi from airport instead of princess transfer.Cheaper and quicker to do yourself. Also will purchase liquor on way to ship and take on in carry on.

Everything on the ship was excellent from food to service.We had anytime dining and made reservations some nights and others just showed up.Both were fine.Food at the buffets was fine and quality was normal for a buffet.Did here senior couples complaining that they had to walk so far to get a table however it was not an issue for us.We did Sabatinins and found service and quality to be excellent. Just don't try and finish everything they give you or you will be sorry.The pizza available on deck was good but we would not say the best we ever had. The grill,providing hotdogs and such was above average quality.Scoopes ice cream was over priced but kids loved it.

The staff were friendly for the most part with the exception of only a few.I was impressed with how polite they all seemed and many went out of their way to provide service to us. Room steward was good however I would not rate as excellent in comparison to some reviews I have read.Meagans Bay was awsome and highly recommended,however do this trip on your own as the ship price is highly inflated.Kids loved the kids club and the staff were excellent.MUTS was fun but they should have played movies geared to a younger crowd at the 7pm show.

We did self disembarkment for a 11 am flight home. Registered for it the second day.We used the elevator far aft down to 5th floor at 5:30 am and DW went back to have breaky with kids. By 6:15 crowds started to arrive,7:15 we disembarked,grabbed a taxi and were at the airport checked in by 8am.This was our biggest concern but went off without a hitch.

Only complaint of sewage odor was while in port on the 16th deck playing mini golf with kids.The smell was awful in that one area.

Over all had an excellent cruise and found that everything went as expected.Only surprise was amount owing at the end LOL.

Archived