Highseas no longer service Constellation?

Germancruiser

I've read on these boards that they are ending their association with Celebrity. Or Celebrity is ending their association with HighSeas. Maybe this is just the start of their exiting Celebrity. Infinity bridge cam is still working but I did not check the other ships.

I was checking out the achieve cam for the training lab - It looks like they started packing up their Laptops around noon on February 7. The Black Notices of their discontinued service showed up just about the time the ship ended it's cruise in Fort Lauderdale.

I sail Constellation on 2/19. Would really be interested in find out what's up and how it will impact things like the on-board e-mail address they advise you of before your departure.

Jim

I was checking out the achieve cam for the training lab - It looks like they started packing up their Laptops around noon on February 7. The Black Notices of their discontinued service showed up just about the time the ship ended it's cruise in Fort Lauderdale.

I sail Constellation on 2/19. Would really be interested in find out what's up and how it will impact things like the on-board e-mail address they advise you of before your departure.

Jim

Hi Jim !

It looks like you will be one of the first to see what Celebrity has in mind for the new service. I surely hope they have a plan in place. I hope you will keep us posted when you are on Constellation.

Andy - I will get a message out once aboard and tell you what we find out. I guess the real shake down will be the 2/9/07 Constellation cruise that left this evening.

It will be interesting to watch the other ships to return to port and see if they are packing up a couple days before arrival.

Andy - I will get a message out once aboard and tell you what we find out. I guess the real shake down will be the 2/9/07 Constellation cruise that left this evening.

It will be interesting to watch the other ships to return to port and see if they are packing up a couple days before arrival.

Jim-how do you know that you will even be able to get a message out while onboard. If the computers are gone isn't it reasonable to assume that the satellite internet link is also kaput?

Before Celebrity outsourced computer services to Highseas (maybe three years ago?), everything was handled in-house and the price structure was reasonable. We paid a flat fee of $100 for a Connect@Sea in-cabin connection for a two week transatlantic cruise on Constellation - and that was for 24/7 unlimited internet access! Shortly thereafter, Highseas took over and the rates increased significantly for internet access both in-cabin and elsewhere. In fact, I think under Highseas' management, X's charges were the highest of all the lines. Here's hoping Highseas' exit will result in more reasonable prices.

Before Celebrity outsourced computer services to Highseas (maybe three years ago?), everything was handled in-house and the price structure was reasonable.

We were on Galaxy in May 2004 when the changeover took place. The price went from 50 to 75 cents a minute. The computers were shutdown the night of our Transatlantic arrival in Rome.. just when people were making last minute arrangements for ending the transit.

Celebrity is ending their association with Highseas Computer Services. RCCL corporate will take over the internet cafe and lab onboard all of Celebrity's ships. As to the cams, they will all come down 1 by 1. I have no schedule.

The big question is whether RCCL is going to provide bridge cams. They only run 1 on Voyager of the Seas and it is goes offline for weeks at a time. The Explorer of the Seas is run by the Rosenthal School of Marine and Atmospheric Studies in Miami and is excellent.

Celebrity is ending most of its relationships with outsourcing (Michel Roux, Cirque de Soleil, Highseas) and replacing them with those operated by RCCL. It could be good thing for the passenger and it could be a bad thing. One thing is for sure is that the parent company will enhance its bottom line.

jeff

Andee - I spoke with my agent this morning and they confirmed that Celebrity was going back in-house for their internet, computer services and photography. I have no idea if internet will be available - At least your RS and Mine have computer terminals. Whether they will do anything will be interesting to see. I always bring a laptop to store photos and just to play. I have a PDA with built in WIFI. I usually load my mail onto it and hit a hot spot while in port for transmission. See ya next week.

Mferranti - It appears the computers in the internet cafe are still in place. I would expect Microsoft office would sill be available.

Hopefully this will be an improvement in both cost and service.

We've been cruising on X since the 80s and have watched many services go from in-house to out-sourcing and now, back to in-house once again. Sure hope it's a harbinger of good things to come and not a sign that RCI is blurring the line between the RCCL and X products. I'm not getting that warm, fuzzy feeling but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think under Highseas' management, X's charges were the highest of all the lines.

They really were outrageous, but the fact that our daughters could "watch" us sail across the Atlantic - and see their folks standing in the computer room, all dressed up for dinner - made it worth the price to us.

Hope the new system will still have in the computer room cameras for "live viewing" back home when we sail Connie again in September.

D and E:)

I think under Highseas' management, X's charges were the highest of all the lines.

They really were outrageous, but the fact that our daughters could "watch" us sail across the Atlantic - and see their folks standing in the computer room, all dressed up for dinner - made it worth the price for this service, unique I think to CC?.

Hope the new system will still have in the computer room cameras for "live viewing" back home when we sail Connie again in September.

D and E:)

Jim, I posted the following message in the 2/19 roll call but thought I would also post here:

was polking around on some other threads in the Celebrity forum and came across this one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9079343#post9079343

A passenger who just got off the Connie had this to say in response to my question about internet availability: "We just got off the ship on Friday (2/9). I used the internet almost every day with no problem."

Yay, it looks like my e-mail addiction will be satisfied. Now, if only I could pull myself away from these boards for awhile, I could actually get some work done and fly into Ft. Lauderdale with a clean conscience :-)

Boy, I was one sandwich short of a picnic last night when I posted. OF COUSE the internet was working on the Constellation sailing ending on Feb 9. It was at the end of that sailing that High Seas removed all their stuff. I guess there's no way of knowing whether the sailing DEPARTING on Feb 9th has internet service but if anyone knows, please post.

• 2 years later...

We are going to be on Oceania Nautica for 35 days in Asia and beyond beginning April 7.

I wanted to contact High Seas to see which versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements they will be using. I tried calling High Seas in Franklin Tennessee all day and kept getting a voicemail message, no one was available. I finally left a message and had a call returned last night. The gentleman told me that High Seas was not longer working with Oceania.

He gave me a contact who would know information about Oceania. They have taken the computer service in house. I wonder if High Seas is no longer in business?

If so I hope the pass the savings on to the customers. I though Seven Seas did a good job.

Pat

whoever handled in house help for guests on Solstice was not on the ball for us.. several times no one was in the room to answer questions--

On the day when everyone needed to print out boarding passes, many of the machines were not functioning & no one was there to assist..really surprising at such a critical time.!

machines are still slow

Yes, it is a nice room but it's the service here that counts the most!

Archived