Crown compared to Sapphire?

lysolqn

Booked on Crown this summer and was wondering how it compares to Sapphire which we were on in Alaska last August. Are they identical sister ships or have there been noticeable changes? Any info would be appreciated. Also, I've been reading that the air conditioning on Crown is deficient, particularly in the cabins - something that makes me wonder if summer sailing to Bermuda and the Caribbean on Crown is perhaps a mistake.

Hi I've been on both the Sapphire and the Crown. They are not identical twins. The Sapphire and Diamond and twins and the Crown and Emerald will be twins. There are significant differences between the Crown and the Sapphire. For one thing the Crown has an extra deck of cabins and thus more pax. Surprisingly you do not really notice the difference. Princess has made quite a few changes that spread pax out more evenly throughout the ship and this makes the Crown not seem busy despite it having more pax. Up in the buffet besides the Horizon Court there is the Caribe Cafe aft of it which is another buffet area. The disco (Skywalkers) has been moved a bit aft of it's location on the Sapphire to accomadate the sports area between the funnel and Skywalkers. The mini putt and jogging track are located on top of Skywalkers. Where the sports deck was on the Sapphire is now the Sanctuary on the Crown. The dinning rooms on the Crown are like the Caribbean Princess with two for anytime and one for traditional unlike the one traditional and four smaller anytime rooms on the Sapphire. On the Crown Sabatini's is located aft and up near the top of the ship with Adagio bar next door. This is more or less where the children's centre would have been on the Sapphire. I believe there is a new children's centre below Sabatini's on the Crown. In the area of the internet cafe and Sabatini's on the Sapphire is the new Crown Restaurant serving steaks and seafood. The atrium has been renamed the Piazza and is really elegant and beautiful, different from any other Princess ship in design. Instead of the Patisserie the Crown has the International Cafe open 24 hrs serving drinks, coffee and food. Also new is the Vines Cafe serving wine and sushi. There are other things such as the Library and Internet cafe being differently located and the fact that there is no card room. I'm sure I missed some things. I hope that helps.

Archived