Constellation Shuttle Bus to Stockholm

The Constellation will be docking at Stadsgarden (quay 167) on August 30. I know that there is a shuttle bus to pick us up at the ship. Does anyone know exactly where we are dropped off? We have people to meet and need to know where we will be coming from!

Thanks for any help. :D

We were on the Constellation Jun 19th sailing. The shuttle bus dropped us off in front of the Opera House. Have fun.

This is good to know! Thank you. However, I just looked at the maps in my trusty Rick Steves' book and can't locate the Opera House anywhere. Is it in the Gamla Stan area? Do you remember where it's located in conjunction with some of the tourist sites?

We were also on the June 19 sailing.The shuttle drop off point was in a good location- you can easily walk to the royal palace, the Ice Bar, the pedestrian mall, and lots of other places. We even walked to the Vasa Museum. Unfortunately, it takes 1 1/2 hours to see properly and we arrived too late. So if you want to go to the museum, head there early. We loved the city so much that we walked for several hours without stopping.

Re: "...I just looked at the maps in my trusty Rick Steves' book and can't locate the Opera House anywhere. Is it in the Gamla Stan area?..."

Assuming that you are using "Rick Steves' Scandinavia 2004" book, look at the map on either page 214 or 229. It is marked as OPERA on both maps. It is just above Gamla Stan. Gamla Stan is very small and the walk from the Opera House to the Royal Palace is five minutes.

We just returned from the Celebrity Constellation's July 3-17 cruise and the shuttle drop off was also at the Opera House.

Re: "...I just looked at the maps in my trusty Rick Steves' book and can't locate the Opera House anywhere. Is it in the Gamla Stan area?..."

Assuming that you are using "Rick Steves' Scandinavia 2004" book, look at the map on either page 214 or 229. It is marked as OPERA on both maps. It is just above Gamla Stan. Gamla Stan is very small and the walk from the Opera House to the Royal Palace is five minutes.

We just returned from the Celebrity Constellation's July 3-17 cruise and the shuttle drop off was also at the Opera House.

Socrmom, Aqua, and Celem,

Thank you all for helping me sort this out. And Celem, we have the 2003 Scandinavian book and the page for the map is 184 - showing clearly the "Circus". They must have added quite a few more pages for the 2004 version.

We are really looking forward to Stockholm!

Archived