What Is Your Favorite Food On The Cruise?

misand

Oh--and there's something about those coconut ranger cookies in the Windjammer!

Leslie

KNow anyone in the food service business. They get the ranger cookies from SYSCO! Boy, did my bubble burst! Now I get my ranger cookies from Sysco.

Now, Im guessing, they buy all the cookies there. It was verified by two ships.

Leslie

KNow anyone in the food service business. They get the ranger cookies from SYSCO! Boy, did my bubble burst! Now I get my ranger cookies from Sysco.

Now, Im guessing, they buy all the cookies there. It was verified by two ships. I don't care....they are still yummy.

Leslie

KNow anyone in the food service business? They get the ranger cookies from SYSCO! Boy, did my bubble burst! Now I get my ranger cookies from Sysco.

Now, Im guessing, they buy all the cookies there. It was verified by two ships. I don't care....they are still yummy.

I agree with the previous poster...the pizza is horrible on RCI (we tried Carnival's last week and it was very good though).....

I love the onion tart, escargot, and the flourless choc cake..the key lime pie is great too. I like all the chilled fruit soups.

My husband loves the escargot as well. He also liked the lamb shank, but I've never had it.

you mean to tell me that they do not bake all of thjose trays of wonderful cookies...my cruis'n heart has now been broken...what's next...they buy the meat at sam's club...

I kept trying to get the recipe and the head waiter kept hedging ... finally after about 5 nights he told me the awful truth. I couldn't believe it so I repeated the request on the next cruise. Same thing. And the ones I got from SYSCO taste exactly the same....so it must be true.

I kept trying to get the recipe and the head waiter kept hedging ... finally after about 5 nights he told me the awful truth. I couldn't believe it so I repeated the request on the next cruise. Same thing. And the ones I got from SYSCO taste exactly the same....so it must be true.

What is SYSCO? A store? or wholesaler?

I'm glad to see so many others who enjoyed the first night's Vidalia Onion Tart, served with red pepper sauce. I had this on the Mariner last year and it was one of my favorite things that I had all week! I hope it's still on the menu come August...

Some other faves? Cherries Jubilee, Grand Marnier soufflé, the Shanghai Chicken Noodle soup, and the banana bread they serve on Caribbean night!! They have served that banana bread for as long as I can remember, and I look forward to it every time.

Mmm mmm! I'm hungry now!

The SF white coconut cake is to die for. I've been thinking about it for 8 months now and they better have it on the Explorer in June. I think I will eat about 4 pieces in a row!!!

Thay had it last month - DH is diabetic and that cake is a favorite for both of us! Two of my personal faves are the escargot and the scallop risotto...oh, and the white chocolate and berry 'fondue'...mmmmmmmm:p

Alright I have already had dinner but am now starving! The onion tart is definitely on my list! Has anyone had the Free range chicken? What does escargot taste like? Is the windjammer any good or should I go to the dining room for lunch? Do they have hashbrowns, homefries or patties? I know I will gain 10 pounds, because I have on the last two cruises! I always love the chilled fruit soups too!

Alright I have already had dinner but am now starving! The onion tart is definitely on my list! Has anyone had the Free range chicken? What does escargot taste like? Is the windjammer any good or should I go to the dining room for lunch? Do they have hashbrowns, homefries or patties? I know I will gain 10 pounds, because I have on the last two cruises! I always love the chilled fruit soups too!

I don't think I really have a RCI favorite... I like pretty much anything. I love lobster, even though Royal Caribbean's isn't the greatest. I loved the creamy garlic soup on Mariner and Navigator, but I thought it was terrible on Jewel and Voyager. Food has so much to do with your head waiter.

Am I the only Royal Caribbean person that finds the Windjammer's eggs terrible at breakfast?? They always seem so watery and hard :eek: .

The onion tart for sure. Last week on the Serenade I was tempted to order 5 but just had one and enjoyed every little bite of it. Also, this time around, one night they had a tofu main course (usually RCI doesn't venture into tofu land) and it was to die for! I'm not big on tofu, I'd rather eat whole veggies & grains or soy fake me@t, but this was the best meal ever! Even my carnivore fiance loved it! It was saturated in this really yummy asain veggie mix & sauce and in a stack....

Laura

I like TOO much food. My last cruise was on the Explorer, and I loved the key lime pie, chilled fruit soups, the artichoke & spinach dip appetizer and always the caesar salad!

There's probably 20 more things I can't think of at this current moment...

Archived