Hair Straighening Iron

aussieg

Although you cannot use the outlet in the bathroom (its for shavers only) curling irons are OK. I usually unplug it and slide it under the bathroom sink on the tile floor, so if the steward comes in right away he won't burn himself by acccident, and it won't roll around and melt anything. He then rolls it up and puts it on the shelf.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess <-- just booked Zuidy 8

I use a hot brush and have never had any trouble with using it on board ship.

You will be fine. I gather you are from Oz by your name, so take your adaptor for Europe as there are two electrical outlets in the cabin, one is for 110Volts and takes a U.S. plug and the other is for 220 volts and takes the European plug.

Jennie

Thanks everyone for your quick answers and aussie gal for your tip on adapters My wife aad i are going on our first cruise on the nordham to alaska may 13 cant wait

I am also from Australia and posted a thread recently re the power voltage on board. I was told that there were both European and American points. I was also given a great tip - take an Australian powerboard - that way you can plug in several appliances (phone ,video, camera etc) at once and only need one adapter to do so. Just watched 60 Minutes tonight about the troubles of the Polar Bears. Enjoy Alaska while it's in a positive state.

Jennie

I brought (and always have!) my flat iron on the Noordam for the 2/7 cruise and there was no problem. Just remember to put it somewhere where the steward won't burn himself, though I think perhaps from past experience, they are aware to be careful with that stuff. The cabins have two types of outlets to accomodate each appliance and there is a small but quite adequate hair dryer as well. I hope you have a wonderful cruise with beautiful hair!;)

Archived