East. Caribbean port ideas

mprucha

Hey, we're scheduled on the Miracle in May headed to east. caribbean. I've read all the carnival suggestions of things to do and whenever we travel I also book on my own so I know not to book excursions through Carnival as we travel alot, just not by boat...lol....and I've read lots of reviews of people from other cruises of things to do or not to do. I want to know if anyone has a MUST NOT MISS idea for any of the 3 ports we will be at. We'll probably only go into St. Thomas and San Juan.

We have reserved with Godfrey's Tours twice, told everyone we know that we loved it, and hope to use him again sometime. http://www.godfreytoursvi.com

For $25, he picks you up right at the ship, takes you to the shopping, takes you on a tour of the beautiful scenery with many stops to get off and look down from the mountain. At the top of the mountain I had God's Gift to the Vacationing Traveler, a lunch that consisted of a Dove Ice Cream Bar and a Cruzan Rum banana daiquiri.

Then, two hours at one of three beaches. Prompt return to the ship, with the option to get off at the Havensight Mall outside the dock. The Mall shuttle took us down the dock to the ship.

When he saw we were sitting five to a seat, as the open-air vehicle calls form, he sensed we were maybe a little too close for a long ride. He called a second vehicle immediately. Mind you, we all fit, as the van was designed, yet he chose to space us out using a second vehicle. You don't see that kind of customer service all the time and we tipped 100%.

Print off your reservation, and hold it in your hand to go right to the front of the line with the time of the tour that you booked. On the Glory, they did not specify "Carnival" Tours for 10 a.m. could clear Customs first and I was ready to show I had a 10 a.m. tour with him.

Sail Winifred is a private charter snorkeling trip that is truly an amazing experience. It's a retired wooden racing yacht that a wonderful woman and her mate take you on out of St Thomas over to isolated coves on St John. Maximum 6 or 8 persons, I believe. Our group of six chartered it (cost $600 plus tip for all a couple of years ago). Snorkeling was by far the best I've experienced and when done, she'll serve you a ship lunch and take you on a leisurely sail back to St Thomas.

Visit her website. http://www.sailwinifred.com

Best excursion by far. (the second place, America's cup race on St Maarten is an awesome excursion too)

Archived