Treadmill routine

Wrk4Vacation

I normally walk briskly on my treadmill for exercise. I have been reading the cruise critic website while I do. It gets me motivated about our cruise! I have added to my routine by speeding up to running while I am waiting for a page to load (I have dial up so that is a good chunk of time) then walking to read the pages. This makes the time go very fast and keeps me on the treadmill longer and more often.

5 weeks to go.;)

• Like 2

My New Year's resolution this year was to use the treadmill every day. Since 1/1 I missed only one day (yesterday) and have lost 7.5 pounds, tipping the scales at 138. Normally I tevo something and watch it while on the treadmill, averaging 45 to 60 minutes. We leave on our cruise today and I feel wonderful about the weight loss and how I look. I'm up early so I can hit the track before we leave!

• Like 1

CateW - have a great cruise!!!

I don't have any tips because my treadmill is covered with clothes! :)

When I used to use it I would turn on my favorite soap opera and walk/jog to that. I found out it made the time go faster.

Crystal

I went online and downloaded 59 min of really upbeat music. The beat of the music keeps me going and I forget about the time. Sometimes I'll have a magazine on the treadmill and will forget to read it. I always walk 1 hour so having the right amount of music works for me. I switch it up when it gets boring and repetitive. My only problem is forgetting not to sing out loud. That's really embarassing when there's a big group doing aerobics behind me;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm totally with you. I have to have really upbeat music. My favorite is the Chemical Brothers. I know, sounds strange but it really gets me in the mood and keeps my energy up. My favorite song is Surface to Air (give it a minute the song starts out slow). It's 7 minutes long so you can run for at least the length of the song. I usually do a 30 minute workout on the treadmill every day and try and run 3 long songs in a row. I can just zone out to this music and picture myself on the ship running on the treadmill in the workout room watching the ocean go by. Works for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been borrowing audiobooks from the library and transferring them to my iPod. Allows me to get some good "reading" in while I walk. I don't have a TV in front of me when I walk on the treadmill because I use the ones in the locker room at work.

Also, I have an interval training routine I got from a magazine that gives a bit of variety:

5 min warmup at 2.5 mph (magazine says 2 mph, but I find that just a little too slow)

5 min at 3 mph (swinging arms)

1 min at 3.5 mph (pumping arms)

3 min at 3 mph (swinging arms)

1 min at 4 mph (pumping arms)

3 min at 3 mph (swinging arms)

2 min at 4 mph (pumping arms)

6 min at 3 mph (swinging arms)

4 min cool-down (again, mag says 2 mph)

It's been working pretty well so far, I do that 5 days a week most weeks (unless there's something else I have to do at lunchtime). Just strenuous enough to get some blood pumping but I don't get quite so sweaty that I have to take a shower afterward (I do change from work clothes to gym clothes).

• Like 1

I usually pop in a DVD movie and watch it. Since I go from 45-60 minutes, depending on how I feel, it normally takes two about two workouts to watch a movie. I'd never use the treadmill if I didn't have something to watch.

• 11 years later...
On 2/17/2007 at 5:38 AM, Wrk4Vacation said:

I normally walk briskly on my treadmill for exercise. I have been reading the cruise critic website while I do. It gets me motivated about our cruise! I have added to my routine by speeding up to running while I am waiting for a page to load (I have dial up so that is a good chunk of time) then walking to read the pages. This makes the time go very fast and keeps me on the treadmill longer and more often.

I have also seen treadmills that are good for exercise 

• 3 months later...

I have been doing the weight loss option on the treadmill for 50 minutes at 3.5 mph with the incline going from 1.5 to 8. I listen to Pandora today I put in workout music and listened to it while walking. The songs had a good beat. I do this 4 times a week. Have not lost weight but J am sure I am firming up.

Doing intervals is a great way to pass the time and increase your metabolic rate! This can be changing the incline or speed! I use the Gold's Gym Amp App. I am a member so it's free. After a free seven-day trial, non-members can pay $9.99 a month to have access to unlimited workouts. There are coached routines for treadmills, elliptical machines, steppers, even weights!! The music is great too.

https://www.goldsgym.com/amp-digital-personal-trainer-app/