Flat Irons/Curling Irons

VioletNYC

Hi! Can I bring my flat iron and curling iron on the ship? Just wondering since I know irons, coffee makers, etc. are not allowed in the room b/c of the fire hazard.

Thanks!

My daughters bring theirs. You will probably want to bring a power strip as well so you can use it in a handy place, not the tiny bathroom!

Hi! Can I bring my flat iron and curling iron on the ship? Just wondering since I know irons, coffee makers, etc. are not allowed in the room b/c of the fire hazard.

Thanks!

I have always brought mine and usually plug it in near the mirror outside the room where I do my makeup.

I know! I don't leave home w/o my flat iron lol. This is my first cruise, so I'm not sure how the weather will be on the ship. If it's humid then I won't even bother using the flat iron-but I definetly need it for my bangs!!

Hey there! I always bring mine and an extension cord. That way I have my blow dryer and iron on (to get hot) at the same time. Also good for charging ipods or something at the same time (there are not a lot of outlets in the cabin).

In the good old days before 9/11, you could get butane cartridge curling irons that worked like a lighter. They ran off sealed cartridges of lighter fluid, and worked beautifully! You can still find them occassionally on ebay. Of course, you are not SUPPOSED to fly with them,:rolleyes: but if you live near your port, you can pack them in your luggage, and they are wonderful to use in your cabin - no electric outlet needed.

I'm curious about your comment about not beinig able to buy butane curling irons anymore. I've used one of those for years and have no trouble finding new ones to buy, always pack it in my checked luggage and have never had a problem doing that.

I'm curious about your comment about not beinig able to buy butane curling irons anymore. I've used one of those for years and have no trouble finding new ones to buy, always pack it in my checked luggage and have never had a problem doing that.

I agree, I can find them at any of our discount stores around here, no shortage whatsoever. They come in very handy when taking a tour to a country without the same voltage. Mine is going with me in my luggage for our trip to Egypt the end of the year.

I always bring flat iron...and agree with above poster. Bring an extension cord. It will give you a couple extra outlets and the ability to use it in another area of the cabin. Nice to be able to spread out when two of you are trying to get ready. The Crown Princess did not have outlets in the bathroom...only by the vanity area.

I'm so relieved to know that I can bring my hair appliances on board ship. Braun cordless tongs (irons in the US) in which you use cartridges can be bought anywhere in the UK. I bought a set at the end of last year. Is there a hairdressers on board ship and how much do they charge for shampoo / blow dry - my hairdressing skills aren't great and I might like to treat myself now and again.

Wow! Where do you get the cordless butane curling irons in the USA? I've tried WalMart, Target, CVS. I was told they didn't make them anymore. (I'm in Maryland.) Thanks!!:D

About the hairdressers - expect to pay about double what you would pay on land.:(

Archived