Caribbean Princess/Crown Princess & Emerald Princess

mrcruzer

Hi there everyone,

Just a few questions regarding these ships.

On Caribbean Princess, is the sunlight at the aft pools limited due to Skywalkers? We sailed Sapphire in Feb 2006, and found that area one of our absolute favs.

On these three ships, ( i know emerald isnt debuted yet) is the increased passenger capacity noticeable compared to Sapphire/Diamond (And the older Grand class ships, for that matter)

Thanks,

MC

Well I can't speak from personal experience yet, but I have been studying every picture I can find of the aft pool on CB, because I prefer shade... and it does seem that having Skywalkers over head casts a nice big shadow through out the day - that of course moves with the sun.... so a plus for me.

I have been on Crown and Caribbean Princess. Skywalkers does block the sun at the Aft Pool on Caribbean Princess. It does not on Crown because of a different design, so there is no "overhang" from the club at the back of the ship. I can not comment on passenger capacity because these are the only two Princess ships I have been on. I am booked on the Crown again this summer so as you can see I had a great experience.

Having just returned from the Caribbean Princess, I would say that you are aware of the volume of passengers. I found it most noticeable in the entertainment venues. If you want to see a show, attend one of the events at night (Marriage Game, etc.), or hear a popular lounge performer, you must get there a half an hour in advance. The cruise was great, though.

I have been on the Grand and Caribbean and I did notice the difference in passengers at dinner if you have anytime dinning and before the shows. I liked the Grand much better. It's about the same size as Caribbean and 600 or so less people.

My dd and sil just got back from their honeymoon cruise on the CB, they said you can definatly (sp?) feel the crowds around the main pool on sea days (lots of chair hogs she noticed) and also around the buffet on the sail away, could not find a table to eat at. The entertainment venues were jammed packed, they did not go 1/2 hr early as suggested and was not able to get a seat, the floor was their only option so they chose not to stay. She said the ship was beautiful, but for the most part the staff overlooked them to cater to the older crowd that was on board. My dd and sil look very young for their age they are in their early 20's but look 18ish and even the photographer would skip their table and go onto the next table, just an observation my dd made, if she really wanted the photo she could have got his attention but just let him pass also at the bar to get a soda the bartenders would pass right by them and help the people on either side of them and not pay attention to them. She felt a little out of place on the CB but seemed to enjoy the cruise all in all. She LOVED MUTS! and was able to get a seat there.

Good to know. Thank you everyone for quick replies!

I must say the shade at the aft of the ship is a bit of a negative for us, as it was a HUGE discovery we made, and loved every minute back there:p

That being said, I'm assuming that some sun is experienced there throughout the day?

After sailing on the Sapphire, I have to admit that only on a couple occasions (Sailaway, port embarkation/debarkation) did we really notice the large number of passengers onboard. Sapphire carried 2,670 on that sailing, I believe. We tend to be a fairly large group, approx. 14 of us at times, so I think it may be hard to pass us by! :D

But very good to know about the staff "catering" to elders more than the younger people? I suppose that's done because of past sailors with the line...

Another question, how does the anytime dining work onboard Emerald/Crown/Caribbean? Onboard Sapphire, there were 4 to choose from (besides Sabatini's) Blue Moon, Santa Fe, Sterling, and one more, which slips my mind:confused: ;) What restaurants are onboard these 3 ships, and how are they? (Food, service, etc.)

Finally, does Princess allow for parents to allow "minors" almost legal age to drink onboard? What's the deal with that whole situation?

I have been on the Carribean P, and I am on the 4/28 of the Crown. As far as crowding around the pools, the Carr & the Crown both have 4 pools. When I was on the CB, the main pool, the one with the movie screen, had all the kids and families. The Spa & Aft pools are 18 & older only, we hung out at the spa pool most of the time. It tends to be quieter and you can lay 1 deck up and the pool is still right there. As far as the crowing at diner, we ate anytime style, only 1 night we had to wait more than 15 minutes

18 and older for the Aft poools? I don't like the sound of that...

Is that the same case on Sapphire? We had a few kids in our group, and they didnt cause any problems, and were there later on in the evening, no one ever told them to leave...

Archived