Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Here is our list of Celebrity food "bests" experienced on Galaxy:

A. Room Service

Vegetarian Pizza!

B. The Best Breakfast Items

Mixed berries, pancakes, smoked salmon, eggs benedict, and an array of pastries.

C. The Best Appetizer

Escargot! All appetizers were well presented.

D. The Best Soups

The Masters Fish Bisque, Onion Soup, Gumbo, and Chicken Corn Soup (thick like a chowder). The fruit soups were interesting.

E. The Best Entrées

Lamb Shanks, all of the Lamb and Veal dishes, Prime Rib, Scallops, Quails, and Lobster Tails.

F. The Best Desserts

Fresh made sherbets (especially passion fruit and mixed berry), vanilla-chocolate Bavarian cream, crème Brule, cherries jubilee, all cheesecakes, baked Alaska on parade.

Patty 2297,

Further up on the thread there is much about spa food. On the Millie that was our favorite place for lunch. Delicious food, usually not crowded and so close to pampering spa treatments and the Persian Garden.

Don't know if it's a secret, but on B2B in fall '03 I bought one of the spa packages they were promoting (nice reduction overall) and then negotiated price on personal training sessions. It turned out I named a price and they said fine. They were also promoting personal training sessions but I offered them quite a bit less. Try it, it might work for you too.

Regards,

Shannon

Speaking of the spa, on our last cruise (Mercury 10-day Mexican Riviera), all spa services were 1/2 price on the last day. It was a nice way to relax after the stress of packing to leave (WAHHH!!)

Linda

Patty 2297,

Further up on the thread there is much about spa food. On the Millie that was our favorite place for lunch. Delicious food, usually not crowded and so close to pampering spa treatments and the Persian Garden.

Don't know if it's a secret, but on B2B in fall '03 I bought one of the spa packages they were promoting (nice reduction overall) and then negotiated price on personal training sessions. It turned out I named a price and they said fine. They were also promoting personal training sessions but I offered them quite a bit less. Try it, it might work for you too.

Regards,

Shannon

Where do you find information on the spa packages????

Thanks

Hi All,

I do not know of a pre-cruise way to find out about specials they might be offering. There may be something on their website about the services they provide. The spa was always promoting something on our cruises and it was usually listed or inserted into the daily "newspaper" you receive each night.

I guess I would suggest you go to the spa as soon as you can after boarding and have a chat with the Spa Manager. He/She could/might give you a heads-up about what they will be offering during your cruise.

Good luck, I loved all my treatments and massages.

Enjoy,

Shannon

- You can cash one personal check at the Bank for up to $200 - at least it worked on my last X cruise.

- If you ask at the Customer Service Desk, or ask a member of the Cruise Activities staff, they may have an unadvertised galley tour you can sign up for. On some cruises, though, this was the 'behind the scenes' activity for CC Select & Elite members.

One question. Do they have a diet no caffeen soda on the ship. I* love soda but cannot have either sugar:( or caffeen:mad: This is my fiorst celebrity Cruise and I am really looking forward to it after only sailing on Carnival the past few years. On Carnival I always had to smuggle the diet no caffeen dirinks on board. Do I have to do that here also? Thanks for any information!

One question. Do they have a diet no caffeen soda on the ship. I* love soda but cannot have either sugar:( or caffeen:mad: This is my fiorst celebrity Cruise and I am really looking forward to it after only sailing on Carnival the past few years. On Carnival I always had to smuggle the diet no caffeen dirinks on board. Do I have to do that here also? Thanks for any information!

They definitely had caffeine free coke on our last Millenium cruise, so hopefully all Celebrity ship are the same

A table mate only ate Vegan, with a very strict microbiotic diet. They custom cooked for him the entire trip. Special breads, barley dishes, buckwheat, non-dairy, etc. As the chief's cook for 40 nationalities for the crew, they have a large inventory of ingredients. One day he had a glass of champagne and it almost decked him.

It will be interesting to see how he makes out on his first Princess cruise on the Tahitian Princess. I would be even more amazed if this small ship would have the supplies, and whether the Princess chiefs would even do it.

John

Hi StarsJohn, we have only cruised Disney so far (3 cruises), but and branching out. I'm travelling with a Vegan who struggled with food on Disney (at least in the Dining Room). We are considering a cruise on the Constellation. Was the Celebrity Ship you were on with the Vegan a larger ship like the M class, or a smaller ship. Your post made us very hopeful for a good experience. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi StarsJohn, we have only cruised Disney so far (3 cruises), but and branching out. I'm travelling with a Vegan who struggled with food on Disney (at least in the Dining Room). We are considering a cruise on the Constellation. Was the Celebrity Ship you were on with the Vegan a larger ship like the M class, or a smaller ship. Your post made us very hopeful for a good experience. Thanks.

Even the smaller Celebrity ships are not that small! I know on the Century, we could get a totally vegetarian menu if we so desired.

Regarding the earlier question about the spa, I have spa information on my web site.

on my last cruise i got off before my color was called like an hour before and while others were fighting for the luggage i was the only one of my color going for mine didnt have to fight for anything and my disembarkation was a dream/

Les, Actually I lied. We just wait until way after our color has been called. We get off with the last group. The luggage is lined up in rows according to color. By the time we get off our luggage is sitting by itself in an empty row. :) I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it is wrong to do this. I'm sure we are offending someone by doing this but it sure saves the hassle of the crowds.

the only one they had on the summit l;ast year was diet sprite dont know if ther are any changes this year but will find out in a two weeks

- chocolate croissants available warm each morning in Cova Cafe

- a daily pass ($20) to the Persian Gardens if you want to try it out before spending $100 for the entire cruise

- creme brulee available every night at dinner IF you pre-order it

Sorry but the Creme Brulee thing does NOT work. I told waiter first night I want creme brulee every night i am on here and very emphatically. He did bring me a second helping without me having to ask but after that NO creme brulee even though I asked every night for it?? Guess it depends on your waiter?

Archived