Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

If you book a cruise on board you get an on board credit of up to $300 depending on the length of the cruise ($50 for 3-5 nights up to $300 for 14 nights). You can also purchase for $100 a Celebrity Passages which entitles you to book a cruise once you get off the ship and get the same OBC. If you purchase the $100 Celebrity Passages certificate, you will also get 2 certificates to share with friends and they will get the same onboard credit of up to $300 (depending on leingth of the cruise) if they book the same cruise as you.

If you book a cruise on board you get an on board credit of up to $300 depending on the length of the cruise ($50 for 3-5 nights up to $300 for 14 nights). You can also purchase for $100 a Celebrity Passages which entitles you to book a cruise once you get off the ship and get the same OBC. If you purchase the $100 Celebrity Passages certificate, you will also get 2 certificates to share with friends and they will get the same onboard credit of up to $300 (depending on leingth of the cruise) if they book the same cruise as you.

Many of my group purchased this last year when on 14 day Constellation but when we went to apply it to Ecplise aslo doing 14 day, we found out because we had received such a great group special; it could not be applied. Well it could but we saved more than $300. with the group special; so it was a waste! Love Celebrity but this was a huge negative as none fo us were told this when we booked.

Many of my group purchased this last year when on 14 day Constellation but when we went to apply it to Ecplise aslo doing 14 day, we found out because we had received such a great group special; it could not be applied. Well it could but we saved more than $300. with the group special; so it was a waste! Love Celebrity but this was a huge negative as none fo us were told this when we booked.

This might be a silly question, but how big is a "group"? We are planning a cruise with 4-5 couples next year and I'm in charge of finding the cruise and the "deals" so I'm wondering if we will be given any discounts.:confused::D

This might be a silly question, but how big is a "group"? We are planning a cruise with 4-5 couples next year and I'm in charge of finding the cruise and the "deals" so I'm wondering if we will be given any discounts.:confused::D

Hi:) I will post this item and I am sure if I am wrong someone

"in the know" will correct me but I have always heard that if you book

8 cabins that is where a discount would come into play. So that would

be 16 people. Not sure if/what you would get for 5 couples. My next

suggestion would be something I don't do but you could try and find

a Travel Agent and if the bookings are together maybe they will give

you some on board credits. Not sure the cruiseline will do anything.

Oh and it is not a silly question. You were asking a legitmate question:)

Bascially there's a good discount if you get 8 cabins however a good large efficient travel agent will also give you shipboard credit for 5 cabins plus often they can lock you into another group, where they are more amenities. NEVER deal with cruise line; can always get a better deal with good travel agent or part of someone's else group. example; could come with my group on two of the future cruises that I have booked and get price way before internet price as my travel agent has held cabins for these cruises ages ago (can't name her) and I am NOT a travel BUT just love finding good deals.

Email me (under my list of cruises if you want more hints)

• 4 weeks later...

Got to keep this very helpful thread alive.

Q: We're in CC class on the Summit for January. My husband is a smoothie fiend. I've checked out the smoothies available on the expanded CC breakfast menu. Are those generally the only smoothies available onboard ship? He is especially partial to mango smoothies/lassis.

How about this one: Early on the first day and late on the last last day of the cruise, you can take a peak at other staterooms, since they leave the doors unlocked and open.

But do NOT try this at any other time during the cruise, or Walt will come after you!:p

:D

LOL I do that all the time..Love to look at different cabins..

Got to keep this very helpful thread alive.

Q: We're in CC class on the Summit for January. My husband is a smoothie fiend. I've checked out the smoothies available on the expanded CC breakfast menu. Are those generally the only smoothies available onboard ship? He is especially partial to mango smoothies/lassis.

Don't get his hopes up. We had a CC Room service smoothie and it was undrinkable, just awful. Neve again.

Exactly it was HORRIBLE! The only thing that was unedible/undrinkable the entire cruise.

Totally agree with you about the smoothies, Just off the Constellation a week ago. So excited to order my breakfast smoothie, it was undrinkable, not sure what it was made of. Smoothies are available on 4th floor by the sorbet and gelato station at a cost of $3.00 to $5.00. But I did nto see the station open in the mornings. It is located by the Coffee Cafe.

Hope this helps.

PS the only good coffee we were able to drink on the ship was in the Bistro on Five or at the Coffee Cafe ($5.00 upcharge to eat in the Bistro on Five, and average coffee pricing $4.50 at the coffee cafe--including a cafe americano (hense american coffee)) A little over priced if you ask me. I usually do not buy speciality coffee at home, but the coffee in the main buffet area was like "brown water", not coffee.

My favorite tips:

1. Sea sickness pills are free at the pursers desk.

2. If you ask at the desk, you can be added to ship tours (engine control room, kitchen, theater, bridge, etc).

3. At least one day of the cruise, the spa will offer mini-services in the Solarium that are Free! I got a 10 minute foot massage, mini-facial, and scalp massage for FREE last cruise. It was a 14 night, so I got it twice.

Totally agree with you about the smoothies, Just off the Constellation a week ago. So excited to order my breakfast smoothie, it was undrinkable, not sure what it was made of. Smoothies are available on 4th floor by the sorbet and gelato station at a cost of $3.00 to $5.00. But I did nto see the station open in the mornings. It is located by the Coffee Cafe.

Hope this helps.

PS the only good coffee we were able to drink on the ship was in the Bistro on Five or at the Coffee Cafe ($5.00 upcharge to eat in the Bistro on Five, and average coffee pricing $4.50 at the coffee cafe--including a cafe americano (hense american coffee)) A little over priced if you ask me. I usually do not buy speciality coffee at home, but the coffee in the main buffet area was like "brown water", not coffee.

Thanks for the news, everyone, even if it's bad. Bummer! My husband can't drink alcohol, so we had been looking forward to those smoothies for him. Since they're so wretched, doesn't sound like there's really any point having the premium non-alcoholic pkg rather than the classic one. The main difference between the two -- at least to me -- was that you can't get frozen drinks w/the classic. Or do you think there are good frozen drinks other than the CC smoothies which might be a treat for him? We KNOW we're both going to go for the premium coffees -- hey, we're from Seattle!!

Thanks for the news, everyone, even if it's bad. Bummer! My husband can't drink alcohol, so we had been looking forward to those smoothies for him. Since they're so wretched, doesn't sound like there's really any point having the premium non-alcoholic pkg rather than the classic one. The main difference between the two -- at least to me -- was that you can't get frozen drinks w/the classic. Or do you think there are good frozen drinks other than the CC smoothies which might be a treat for him? We KNOW we're both going to go for the premium coffees -- hey, we're from Seattle!!

I hear the extra-price smoothies are good, it's just the CC "free" ones that are awful. Can't say for sure until after my cruise! :)

So the premium package might well be worthwhile, I know others have enjoyed the frozen "virgin" drinks in addition to the specialty coffees and for-a-fee smoothies.

If you are invited to any of the ship parties where they are serving free drinks, you often can get something that isn't being "served" by just asking for it. The worst that can happen is they say no or we will have to charge you...but often they will just bring the drink to you.

Just my 2 cents- I don't drink alcohol so I'm going with the premium non alcoholic package. It includes specialty coffees, frozen virgin drinks, smoothies, all specialty waters and sodas. The cost is roughly 20 bucks a day. I'll drink 9 bucks worth of coffee in the morning, have coffee in the evening at least twice, I love carbonated water with my meals (perrier, pelligrino) and will have a couple of red bulls as well. This far exceeds the money I'd otherwise pay if I didn't have the drink package. I'd say go for the PNAP! Oh- one more thing- just to clarify, the smoothies you pay for (included in the pnap) are much better than the ones that are delivered to you. I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a difference because it seems as though it was overlooked based on your previous comment.

Just my 2 cents- I don't drink alcohol so I'm going with the premium non alcoholic package. It includes specialty coffees, frozen virgin drinks, smoothies, all specialty waters and sodas. The cost is roughly 20 bucks a day. I'll drink 9 bucks worth of coffee in the morning, have coffee in the evening at least twice, I love carbonated water with my meals (perrier, pelligrino) and will have a couple of red bulls as well. This far exceeds the money I'd otherwise pay if I didn't have the drink package. I'd say go for the PNAP! Oh- one more thing- just to clarify, the smoothies you pay for (included in the pnap) are much better than the ones that are delivered to you. I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a difference because it seems as though it was overlooked based on your previous comment.

Thanks for the promising distinction btw CC smoothies and others ordered elsewhere onboard. Since my husband also loves Pellegrino, which is not an option in the classic non-a pkg, I think we'll go for the premium one and hope he can also find something frozen that's really a treat for him on a hot day. These boards are so helpful!

I think that your husband might like the premium package. There are sorts of frozen drinks that you can have and they will make you anything with ingredients that they have. i had frozen virgin pina colada's, strawberry/banana smoothies, etc. great to have by the pool. Add this to my latte's and other speciality coffees in the morning and it was really worth it to me. In addition, i was grabbing a large bottle of water each time we left the ship and always got one to take back to the cabin to have water at night. Got my money's worth. I personally did not think the free breakfast smoothies were bad but no doubt that the bar options are better.

On our June cruise on the Solstice in a CC cabin, I ordered some of the smoothies for breakfast. The pricing was right. Free! These drinks were, however, only "OK" and not anything that special in my book. Sorry!

My biggest "secret" was the Solarium area. Below is one of my pictures of this very classy area. Really loved that area.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 47,840 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

Archived