Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

I don't necessarily agree with the Carnival statements. I have sailed on 4 different Carnival cruises and I think depending on what time of year you go has a lot to do with it. We generally go in February. Now if people are attending at spring break season - it would be CRAZY and definitely get all the partying. I think Carnival has come a long ways since it's partying days back in the 80s.

I don't necessarily agree with the Carnival statements either, but for a different reason.

I don't think they are a bargain in price, plus their cancellation policy (if you use the 'super saver' fare (or whatever they call it) is terrible.

TO SCOTTBEE,

Guessing that this is sort of a "regional" reference and not necessarily one that means "one speeds round a course of islands in a short period of time"

(Nascar not having a gigantic following here in Canada like it does in the USA).

Personally, I've always thought of Carnival as the Frat-Party of Cruising... way to many drunken folks out of control (waaaay out of control) for my liking...

(Dare I even say, in light of the recent Costa Mishap... sadly even perhaps a Captain)

Which is why when we were looking to cruise, Carnival wasn't even on the radar !!

Cheers!

Not sure how you would know that there are "too many drunken folks out of control (waaay our of control)... if you have never personally sailed on a Carnival cruise. We have cruised on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess and Celebrity and have never found this to be true on any of the cruise lines mentioned. Carnival has come a long way since I first sailed with them in 1983. If you travel on any line during the summer or holiday break time from school there will be more kids, teens and / or young adults. Please refrain your comments for what you personally know.

Just bas a point of clarification. There is indeed a full 14 day menu for longer cruises; my point was that for seven day cruises they keep repeating days 1-7 and never offer the days 8-14 choices. If the time ever comes that I take a job as an activities leader for a group of Italian speaking cruisers, I can only hope that my employers makes sure my Italian is understandable before they hire me.END of response.:p

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, first time cruiser in March on Millenium Western Caribbean. My son pretty much drinks only water and juice and my hubby and I drink club soda/sparkling water. My question is: should we buy a beverage package or can you order juice and sparkling water from room service. We're doing a concierge level room, is sparkling water supplied in the room?

Thx,:)

Not sure how you would know that there are "too many drunken folks out of control (waaay our of control)... if you have never personally sailed on a Carnival cruise. We have cruised on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess and Celebrity and have never found this to be true on any of the cruise lines mentioned. Carnival has come a long way since I first sailed with them in 1983. If you travel on any line during the summer or holiday break time from school there will be more kids, teens and / or young adults. Please refrain your comments for what you personally know.

TO GOLDEN CRUISER,

Sorry to upset your sensibilities... :rolleyes:

BUT this is an "opinion" site...

And as I said...

<< Personally, I've always thought of Carnival as the Frat-Party of Cruising... way to many drunken folks out of control (waaaay out of control) for my liking... >>

This is my opinion... one that I've garnered thru speaking with MANY friends who have cruised with Carnival over the last oh say 20-odd years... and none of whom ever signed up for a second cruise... so that would be my "opinion" based on FACTS I "personally know"... as you nicely put it in your post. :eek:

Cheers!

TO GOLDEN CRUISER,

Sorry to upset your sensibilities... :rolleyes:

BUT this is an "opinion" site...

And as I said...

<< Personally, I've always thought of Carnival as the Frat-Party of Cruising... way to many drunken folks out of control (waaaay out of control) for my liking... >>

This is my opinion... one that I've garnered thru speaking with MANY friends who have cruised with Carnival over the last oh say 20-odd years... and none of whom ever signed up for a second cruise... so that would be my "opinion" based on FACTS I "personally know"... as you nicely put it in your post. :eek:

Cheers!

AMEN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Persian Gardens are on all M and S class ships. The Relaxation Lounge is a new feature on S class open to those in AQ and spa guests. It's a lovely quiet place to relax before and after spa hours.

Persian Gardens on equinox:

2908842020104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Relaxation Lounge:

2704562550104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

I read somewhere that the Relaxation Lounge open for anyone to use but you have to pay to use the Persian Garden, is that true? I will be on the Solstice in May. I would loveto use the Relaxation Lounge. Can any confrim this?

I read somewhere that the Relaxation Lounge open for anyone to use but you have to pay to use the Persian Garden, is that true? I will be on the Solstice in May. I would loveto use the Relaxation Lounge. Can any confrim this?

My understanding is that the relaxation lounge is for the use of both Aquaclass guests and spa customers waiting for treatments to begin.

Does anyone know if you are able to bring a bottle of wine on the Celebrity Infinity and pay a cork charge? If so, how much is the charge and how do you declare it?

Thanks, Christine.

" Does anyone know if you are able to bring a bottle of wine on the Celebrity Infinity and pay a cork charge? If so, how much is the charge and how do you declare it? "

Thanks, Christine

You can bring two bottles onboard on embarkation day only. They search your bags when boarding the ship after shore excursions and confiscate and hold any wine until you disembark.

I believe the wine is to be consumed in the room only.

Does anyone know if you are able to bring a bottle of wine on the Celebrity Infinity and pay a cork charge? If so, how much is the charge and how do you declare it?

Thanks, Christine.

They allow 2 bottles of wine, per cabin, to be brought on at the initial embarkation only. There is no corkage fee for bringing the bottles on and you can enjoy them in your stateroom. You cabin steward will even bring you glasses, a corkscrew (although the ones they supply are pretty cheap and not great to use) and even will chill the wine for you in a bucket of ice if you ask them to.

If you want to consume the wine in the dining room or a lounge there is a $25.00 corkage fee. Give the wine to the sommelier, or better yet send it down early in the day through your cabin steward, and they'll serve it and give you a charge for the corkage fee.

Hi, first time cruiser in March on Millenium Western Caribbean. My son pretty much drinks only water and juice and my hubby and I drink club soda/sparkling water. My question is: should we buy a beverage package or can you order juice and sparkling water from room service. We're doing a concierge level room, is sparkling water supplied in the room?

Thx,:)

I see that you're new to Cruise Critic so let me offer a big welcome aboard to you!

To address your question, sparkling water is not supplied to concierge class cabins. Aqua class has bottled water provided.

Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
My secret...be REALLY considerate of the staff, treat them well, thank them for their efforts, leave your cabin for a short time if it helps them stay on schedual, understand that they work VERY hard and have feelings...and you'll get even BETTER service :D !!

Very well put Dano. We always go out of our way to be pleasant with he staff

Wonder if the regular followers of this thread could give an updated summary to avoid having to read through so many pages. I know this sounds lazy, but I have read several pages on smoothies and would love to find the nitty gritty.:):):confused:

I don't mean to be rude, but have very limited time before my cruise andwould love to know all your secrets.:o

It would be nice to start a new one since this one goes back to 2004 & some newbies could be expecting some things which have changed or been eliminated in the last EIGHT years.

I think this is an excellent idea.

Laura

Archived