Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Do they serve both at the same time or is it that you finish the first before receiving the second? Sometimes I would like both a beef and chicken entree but don't really want the duplicate side dishes.

I could not decide between the beef or the quail so the waiter brought both on the same plate. No problem!

I could not decide between the beef or the quail so the waiter brought both on the same plate. No problem!

Which ship and which restaurant? Two entrees on the same plate is exactly what I was wondering about. I could see that being something available in a specialty restaurant or in Blu on a Solstice-class ship, but it would be nice to know how this is addressed in the main dining room.

Which ship and which restaurant? Two entrees on the same plate is exactly what I was wondering about. I could see that being something available in a specialty restaurant or in Blu on a Solstice-class ship, but it would be nice to know how this is addressed in the main dining room.

I've had double entrees many times even in the main dining room! :eek: However, they usually have to give you two plates since the meals are pre-made up. This means double veggies, too. So, sometimes our waiter has combined them himself for me. The rest of the dish still goes to waste. They will always bring you things so you can try them. That is what is great about a cruise.

First, I must confess that I ripped off this thread title from another forum ( substituted Celebrity for another line). So, tell us all you insider Celebrity cruise secrets. Information that is not normally given out by Celebrity.

I'll start: You can get anything you want for breakfast from room service. If it's not on the breakfast door card, then just write in what you want.

Here's a Celebrity cruise secret not normally given out by Celebrity, "Celebrity dress code threads on Cruise Critic are overrated."

First, I must confess that I ripped off this thread title from another forum ( substituted Celebrity for another line). So, tell us all you insider Celebrity cruise secrets. Information that is not normally given out by Celebrity.

I'll start: You can get anything you want for breakfast from room service. If it's not on the breakfast door card, then just write in what you want.

Exactly the same as on HAL.

EVERY line we've been on has done this.

They will bring you EVERY SINGLE APPETIZER, soup, salad, entree.....dessert................that's not a Celebrity thing.

You can usually purchase a pass to the Persian Gardens on the first day of your cruise for about $100 which is valid for unlimited visits for the entire duration of the cruise (obviously, the longer the cruise the better the bargain). The Persian Gardens are a beautiful facility but not a big money-maker. As a result, the spa staff, busy with more important tasks, lacks the time and incentive to monitor the door 24/7. Also, they are much too polite to confront a passenger who might be "sneaking in."

Wow...TYhey closely monitored the persians gardens when we were onboard. The staff got to know us quickly and we didn't have to show any indentification after the first visit...but it was definately monitored closely for non-payers..:)

Are there easy-to-carry deck plans that I can either print out at home, or get on the ship? Where can I find them? I want something pocket-sized, not the big one that comes in the brochures. I'll be on Summit, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Yes. When you come up the gang plank some staff member will hand you one.

If you don't see that when boarding ask and yee shall receive.

It is small enough to fit in my watch pocket.;)

Are there easy-to-carry deck plans that I can either print out at home, or get on the ship? Where can I find them? I want something pocket-sized, not the big one that comes in the brochures. I'll be on Summit, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Also, if you own an iphone, there is a Celebrity app (free) that has deck plans for all the ships. I've used it when working with my TA to find a good cabin and I'm not near a PC.

Also, if you own an iphone, there is a Celebrity app (free) that has deck plans for all the ships. I've used it when working with my TA to find a good cabin and I'm not near a PC.

The app also works well on the itouch and does not need wi-fi connectivity.

The app also works well on the itouch and does not need wi-fi connectivity.

Thank you for your suggestions! :) I have questions about this, but since they don't really pertain to this thread, I started a new thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1162781

• 5 months later...

Thanks.

You will get a little fold out one with your cabin card!

Jeff

We're first time X-cruisers, and this thread is wonderful. I haven't read all 70-odd pages yet (after reading the first page, skipped to the last and am reading backwards), but it's so helpful...I don't know how accurate the earlier posts will be, but reading from last to first, it's very useful. We're on our first X cruise in April of 2011 on Connie, and we are SOOO looking forward to it. We've cruised NCL and Princess before, but X sounds like a good fit.

Glad that this thread "resurfaced"...looking forward to learning lots more in the future.

Couple of questions (sorry, I know this is off-topic)...is there a fee for the T-pool and/or the Aqua Spa Cafe? And is the $100 Persian Gardens cruise rate still in effect? Also, looking at the deck plans, the Connie, after solstisization, does NOT have the Molecular Bar, correct?

Thanks everyone!

Lynn

Couple of questions (sorry, I know this is off-topic)...is there a fee for the T-pool and/or the Aqua Spa Café? And is the $100 Persian Gardens cruise rate still in effect? Also, looking at the deck plans, the Connie, after solstisization, does NOT have the Molecular Bar, correct?

Thanks everyone!

Lynn

There is no fee for the T-pool. There is no fee for the Aqua Spa Café. And again no there is no longer the Molecular Bar.

Laura

Sloindown, how did you get your Virtual Tourist map to be part of your signature?

I apologize to everyone for going off topic, but I looked all over VT and CC, and could not find an answer, and figured I would post on a thread that Sloindown would read.

And yes, we ARE planning to cruise on Celebrity, we just haven't booked it yet.

Archived