Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

The Thallassotherapy pool is free to everyone on the ship. The Persian Garden is not, regardless of what room you are in. I think it's worth it to buy the pass for the whole trip -- being able to sauna after a long day in port is priceless!! :D

Is there a T Pool on the Solstice class ships? I certainly hope so. It was WONDERFUL on the Millie!

Marybeth

Is there a T Pool on the Solstice class ships? I certainly hope so. It was WONDERFUL on the Millie!

Marybeth

Hi, no T pool on the S class ships. They do have a Solarium pool but

it is not the same thing as the M class T pools. I do love the Solarium

pool area though:)

Hi, no T pool on the S class ships. They do have a Solarium pool but

it is not the same thing as the M class T pools. I do love the Solarium

pool area though:)

What's a solarium pool? Does it have jets like the T pool or is it just in the solarium? Is that an upcharge area? This is our first S class ride, and I really can't wait to explore the ship but it's a a little overwhelming!!

Marybeth.

What's a solarium pool? Does it have jets like the T pool or is it just in the solarium? Is that an upcharge area? This is our first S class ride, and I really can't wait to explore the ship but it's a a little overwhelming!!

Marybeth.

Just inside. No charge for that area. There are not jets like a T pool but there are a couple large whirlpools nearby that you can use. The solarium area is most appealing when the weather outside is less than ideal. The aqua spa cafe (no-extra charge) is in the solarium as well.

The only place in the spa area where there is an extra charge (except for Aqua Spa guests) is the Persian Gardens. Other than that I think all spa areas are no charge except for certain classes and spa treatments.

Marybeth.

It is a great pool for pool walking and other exercise. In my opinion, it is even more efficacious, in the aforesaid regard, than the T-Pool. Also, its proximity to the Aqua Spa Cafe allows one to partake of a delicious, and healthy lunch, after a couple of hours of exercise.

Just inside. No charge for that area. There are not jets like a T pool but there are a couple large whirlpools nearby that you can use. The solarium area is most appealing when the weather outside is less than ideal. The aqua spa cafe (no-extra charge) is in the solarium as well.

The only place in the spa area where there is an extra charge (except for Aqua Spa guests) is the Persian Gardens. Other than that I think all spa areas are no charge except for certain classes and spa treatments.

Thanks Larry!

We're leaving out of New York on the Silouhette in February (22nd) so sounds like we'll be very familiar with the Solarium pool!! There seem to be a couple of changes from the other S class ships, but not too many so we're relying on those reviews and tips from the Solstice and the Equinox. Looking forward to more great tips about the S class ships. What a great thread!

Marybeth.

Guest maddycat
Thanks Larry!

We're leaving out of New York on the Silouhette in February (22nd) so sounds like we'll be very familiar with the Solarium pool!! There seem to be a couple of changes from the other S class ships, but not too many so we're relying on those reviews and tips from the Solstice and the Equinox. Looking forward to more great tips about the S class ships. What a great thread!

Marybeth.

Not to be picky, but the Silhouette will be sailing out of Bayonne, New Jersey. Not New York.

I like the pool to just float in~it is relaxing. The loungers have really

nice cushions on them too:). I don't sit out in the sun and when

its too hot and/or crowded, the solarium pool area is terrific:D

There are hot tubs there as well. The only part I wish was different

is the seating area where the Cafe is located. Not nearly enough

tables and chairs:rolleyes:. The one part they could have expanded

(in my opinion). But the food is delicious:D

• 3 weeks later...
Just inside. No charge for that area. There are not jets like a T pool but there are a couple large whirlpools nearby that you can use. The solarium area is most appealing when the weather outside is less than ideal.

How about water temperature? During a late fall European cruise where the weather temp is in the 60s F, is the water heated? That is one very nice feature of the T-pools.

For those people in Suites that are getting tired of "Guess the room appetizers"...you can ask your Butler for a different pre dinner snack like sliced melon or shrimp cocktail. On our Galaxy Cruise, after the first 5 days of the butler picking up the plate, totally untouched, we were told we had these options. From that point on we had a HUGE shrimp cocktail brought to our cabin while we were getting ready for dinner, and when we returned he'd have a plate a slice melon waiting for us.

You have a HUGE shrimp cocktail while you were getting ready for dinner?

Did you find the dinners not sufficient enough that you needed something to eat while you were getting ready to eat?

Did you find the dinners not sufficient enough that you needed something to eat while you were getting ready to eat?

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

We, also, have shrimp coctail on the veranda.

Our favorite part of the evening.

Dinner is not nearly so enjoyable as just watching the world go by...

The size of the shrimp coctails vary from small to huge,

it depends on who made them.

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

We, also, have shrimp coctail on the veranda.

Our favorite part of the evening.

Dinner is not nearly so enjoyable as just watching the world go by...

The size of the shrimp coctails vary from small to huge,

it depends on who made them.

Funny, but when I asked our butler about some shrimp cocktail, he looked at me like I was insane. lol I read it on the threads and thought that would be a nice treat in our suite before dinner. Oh well. lol

What deck is Cova Cafe on can't find it on the deck plan.

On the Constellation the Cova Cafe was renovated and renamed Cafe Al Bacio. It is on deck 5 mid ship above the Martini Bar which is now on deck 4.

Hi Everyone,

I was browsing thru past topics and found this one... what an excellent source of info... I need to print this out for future reference.

QUESTION

When I found this topic it was on Page 7... which appears to be the last page on the Celebrity Board (at least on my screen) ... and it isn't even really an old topic before my post... the last one was about a week ago.

Is this the norm... things drift off the main listing after about a week of non-activity... is there a place where even older topics can be found (ie an Archives)??

Any help on CC Website navigation would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone,

I was browsing thru past topics and found this one... what an excellent source of info... I need to print this out for future reference.

QUESTION

When I found this topic it was on Page 7... which appears to be the last page on the Celebrity Board (at least on my screen) ... and it isn't even really an old topic before my post... the last one was about a week ago.

Is this the norm... things drift off the main listing after about a week of non-activity... is there a place where even older topics can be found (ie an Archives)??

Any help on CC Website navigation would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi,:) how old do you want to go? That is where the search feature

will help you. Type in a subject and put a ? next to to the phrase

and usually (depending on the topic) lots of threads will pop up.

Example, the other day someone brought back up a thread that

was 7 years old:eek:....I am guessing they used the search feature.

But as for archiving....you will find a thread above this forum about

"archiving large threads" from Laura (she is the Community Manager)

and they are trying to archive stuff~I think it is to help speed up

the boards.

Hi,:) how old do you want to go? That is where the search feature

will help you. Type in a subject and put a ? next to to the phrase

and usually (depending on the topic) lots of threads will pop up.

Example, the other day someone brought back up a thread that

was 7 years old:eek:....I am guessing they used the search feature.

But as for archiving....you will find a thread above this forum about

"archiving large threads" from Laura (she is the Community Manager)

and they are trying to archive stuff~I think it is to help speed up

the boards.

Love this site... because of people like you who are willing to share their expertise in a quick easy manner.

Archived