Mini-suite on Crown

lysolqn

We've booked a mini-suite on Crown this summer for our children and grandchildren. Our TA has assured me the mini is large enough to comfortably accommodate a crib, and has a sofa/loveseat that will open into a bed. Is that info accurate? Does a mini have room enough to accommodate two adults and two young children (crib and sofabed)? Also, I keep reading about problems with the A/C in the cabins on the Crown. Any info? Thanks!

We've booked a mini-suite on Crown this summer for our children and grandchildren. Our TA has assured me the mini is large enough to comfortably accommodate a crib, and has a sofa/loveseat that will open into a bed. Is that info accurate? Does a mini have room enough to accommodate two adults and two young children (crib and sofabed)? Also, I keep reading about problems with the A/C in the cabins on the Crown. Any info? Thanks!

We have booked several mini suites on the Grand Class ships. It is true that the couch is a sofa bed and you can fit 2 people there. Depending on how big the crib is you should be able to squeeze it in somewhere. It will be a tight fit I imagine. As far as the a/c goes, I haven't heard too many complaints about that. We will also be on the "Crown" this June and have booked a mini w/ balcony

Patrick

If you pull out the sofa bed there is nowhere to put a crib, a mini suite cabin is identical to a regular balcony cabin only it is extended by 8 feet to handle the couch. (approx 290-310 sq ft). It's balcony is twice as deep as a regular balcony, say as the ones on Aloha, Baja decks.

The extra bunk would come out of the wall above the couch. :)

We were thinking of having them make up the sofabed for our grandson (4 yrs. old) without opening it; and remove the coffee table and extra chair from the cabin and set up the port-a-crib Princess will provide for the baby on the wall opposite the sofa. Think it'll work? Is there another option without having to move up to a suite (which will add +/- $2000 to the tab)? Does Princess have "family" cabins as some of the other lines do? Thanks.

The mini suite should be plenty large for two adults, a preschooler and a baby. A portable crib could maybe be squeezed in near the bathroom. When my youngest was a baby, we were pretty flexible about where he slept. A comforter on the floor was sometimes a perfect nest for him! :p Is your grandchild an older baby that could share the sofa bed with the 4 year old? My brother and his family - wife and 2 teenagers just had a mini-suite and they had plenty of room.

Our A/C was a little weak - but nothing that even made a slight negative dent in our wonderful cruise!

The mini suite should be plenty large for two adults, a preschooler and a baby. A portable crib could maybe be squeezed in near the bathroom. When my youngest was a baby, we were pretty flexible about where he slept. A comforter on the floor was sometimes a perfect nest for him! :p Is your grandchild an older baby that could share the sofa bed with the 4 year old? My brother and his family - wife and 2 teenagers just had a mini-suite and they had plenty of room.

Our A/C was a little weak - but nothing that even made a slight negative dent in our wonderful cruise!

Trying to squeeze the crib by the bathroom would actually be a fire hazard as you couldn't get out the door in an emergency.

i'm sure what you can do is have the sofa made up as a bed without actually pulling it out and placing the crib over in the same area. Throw a sheet over the sofa and a few blankets on top, or bring one of those small light weight children's sleeping bags. Either way as long as you don't pull out the sofa you should all fit just fine.

Not sure what you are paying for 3rd and 4th passengers in minisuite. We just booked a minisuite and are paying $969 for one additional passenger. At that rate, you could book two balcony cabins (Cat BA on Caribe Deck which have the oversize balconies) for about same price as one minisuite. Unfortunately, there are no connecting rooms so you would have to split up one adult/one child for sleeping. I believe that you can open the partitions between the balconies so this would give you access to both rooms without going in the hallway.

We were on the Crown in January and it is a fantastic ship.

Archived