Tuxedo

Bobed1927

Depends. On our longer cruises, over 20 days the prepondarence of men wear tuxes. On shorter cruises, 7 day or so, to places such as Mexico the marjority of men wore a sport coat or suit. I still wore my tux and was the only one at my table of 8 that had one on. The clothing is more a mish-mash on the shorter more non-exotic cruises. Sport coats but no ties, maybe a turtleneck shirt or open shirt, some with no coat at all just a dress shirt and slacks. On my 7 day Mexico cruise just over a year ago at the first show I made an effort to see how many men wore tuxes. I would guess that only about 5-10 % wore a tux and most did not have suits on but sport coat and slacks.

I'm going to be sailing on the Dawn Princess in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my tuxedo. About what percentage of the men can I expect to be wearing tuxedos?

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming Dawn cruise. We just got off of her on Feb. 5. I too, brought my tuxedo and am very glad I did. But then again, I wouldn't sail without it.....:cool: Our sailing had about 30-40% tuxedos. I say, go for it.....The Dawn was soooo nice. In fact we got off and booked the Golden for April 12, a week later. We miss the seas.....Enjoy your cruise.:D

Your responses echo what I experienced a couple of years ago when I took a cruise on the Mexican Riviera. There was a wide range of attire on formal nights, some of which I thought was offensive and insulting to the other passengers (for instance, jeans and muscle shirts). I've decided to take a suit instead of a tux because a suit will be easier to pack and because my tux has shrunk a bit in the closet (I thought that only sea air did that).

I'm going to be sailing on the Dawn Princess in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my tuxedo. About what percentage of the men can I expect to be wearing tuxedos?

Definitely bring the tux! :) All men look sexier in tuxedoes. ...think Cary Grant.;)

Archived