Air Conditioning On Board?

LokiGB

When are you going? We just returned & I wore long sleeved shirts at night. It can be a bit cool in the morning & even in the afternoon if it gets cloudy. Alot of the time in port I packed my sweats & jacket in a backpack just to throw on if I needed them. In your cabin you can adjust the temp to your liking.

Oh my! Sure appreciate your post! We are leaving here in 12 days and will be sailing March 12th. I had planned to only take a light windbreaker....looks like I need to reconsider some items and take a few long sleeve shirts.

Was wondering if they kept the restaurants cool and if I needed something to keep my bare arms warm if I wore a sundress.

Did you find some good scuba diving? Can you recommend the best place to snorkel?

Thanks SO much for this good information - going to re-think the clothes to pack.

A windbreaker would be fine. If you have a light sweater or shawl to wear over your sundress you'd be fine. They keep the restaurants cool but what I found is when we walked around outside on the ship at night it was windy & very cool. I bought a couple of long sleeved t-shirts at "Crazy Shirts" & they are a nice, soft cotton. You can find these stores on almost all the islands.

We did find some awesome dive sights. Kona would be your best bet for snorkeling. In Maui we always go to the beach in front of the Maui Prince in Makena just to snorkel with the sea turtles. In Kauai if you go to Poipu Beach you will probably see monk seals laying on the beach. The ship has beach towels for you to pick up as you leave or just go to the pool area & grab a couple. Make sure you pack a backpack just to throw things into for beach time. We would often go to the morning buffet & grab some fruit to take with us during the day.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Archived