3rd / 4th person cabin costs...

I was wondering approximately what the difference in price is between the double occupancy prices and what is charged for the 3rd/4th person in a cabin. We are looking at a November 2008 sailing on RCI. We may have another couple going and I was thinking about perhaps the 4 of us getting a Royal Family Suite if the price was right. I am also guessing we would need to jump on it as soon as the sailing is available considering there are only 4 Royal Family Suites :D

I believe you need to book this type of cabin for a minimum of 5 people. So, I would call RCI and find out the information first so you are ready to book as soon as the Nov dates are up. They should be able to give you an idea of the price compared to the other types of cabins you may be considering.

It might be less expensive to book 2 balcony cabins next to or near each other rather than the Royal Family Suite. The cost for the first 2 passengers in the Royal Family Suite is quite expensive vs. a balcony cabin. The Royal Family Suite has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms as well as a living room and a large balcony. The bedrooms are not equal in terms of size or amenities. There is one larger master bedroom with access to the balcony and a master bath with bathtub. The other bedroom has the capacity for up to 4 people. There are 2 lower beds that can convert into a queen as well as 2 pullmans. It is an inside cabin with no windows or direct access to the balcony. The second bathroom is not accesible directly through the second bedroom as you must go out of the room to enter the bathroom. It is not equitable for 2 couples to share this suite unless one is paying much less to cruise and doesn't mind having an inside bedroom.

While we didn't book what you are looking at, we booked a SOV for hubby and myself and our two kids and their price was just a tad over half of our cost (around half + $15). I would do as others said and "fake" book it online through RC online or just call. Good luck! :)

First of all, you cannot compare third and fourth persons as it varies by ship, sail date, and category at times.

Second, my opinion is the first and second person price isn't justified of a RFS as compared to getting a balcony or smaller suite. I think four reg passenger fares would be cheaper than the first and secong in the RFS. And as stated above, the rooms are not comparable, as it is set up for families really. Like mom and dad in the masater, kids in the "closet"

thanks for the input. I called and was told that the last price for it she saw for a comparable cruise (length / itinerary / ship) was 10,669.96 WHEWW!!!! So I think we'll be just getting separate balcony cabins. :) Thanks for your wisdom...I didn't even think about one having all the perks and the other bedroom nada. :D

Prices do vary from ship to ship and dates/itineraties etc....so just pick a cruise and call RCI. We booked a RFS for the 14 day ultimate Alaska, and the suite was 3349.00 per person for the first two people and then 599.00 for persons 3 thru 8. There is 4 of us going, but had to pay for 5 people as that is the minimum for a royal family suite. It was slightly cheaper than booking 2 Grand suites, but there were not any available. With tax, port charges and insurance it worked out to be $2400.00 per person for a 14 day cruise. I know people don't like to talk money on these boards, but I am always interested, so hope this helps.

HI Techknow, I think this might help you, we are booked in the RFS for the Explorer sail date 6/22/07 guest 1 & 2 $4200 3,4,5 1099. we are a family of 6 my HS grad is sharing an inside cabin with a friend. This is a 25th ANN celebration & Grad. We have been waiting for this for a long time let you know if was worth the wait and the money:D. Enjoy

Polarismom Of 4

We booked a RFS on Grandeur for November 2005. The price was outrageously cheap - $3500 for the four of us for a 7 day cruise. (This was an aft cabin with a huge wrap around balcony)

Well, if you don't already know, Grandeur was moved from New Orleans to Tampa due to Katrina and scaled back to 5 days. We ended up canceling the cruise and have no hope of ever finding a RFS that cheap again.

Archived