Cruise Critic Visitor's Log on QM2

cusyl

Off topic, but I wanted to let all my QM2 friends know that John passed away quietly at home and I was by his side, in the care of round the clock nurses from Hospice. I don't know what I would have done without them.

He fought his horrible cancer for two years and was in constant pain. I am very sad to lose him after 52 years of marriage, but I know he is in a better place and free from pain. Perhaps next year I will be able to sail one more time on the ship we loved so much.

Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear about John's death. I'm sure it was not easy to make this post. Thank you so much for letting us know. Many of us on these boards have admired your positive spirit during the last few difficult years. I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

You were one of the extremely helpful posters when we were planning our first cruise on the QM2. I certainly hope that you are able to sail on the QM2 next year and that the voyage will bring back many wonderful memories.

Beth

Off topic, but I wanted to let all my QM2 friends know that John passed away quietly at home and I was by his side, in the care of round the clock nurses from Hospice. I don't know what I would have done without them.

He fought his horrible cancer for two years and was in constant pain. I am very sad to lose him after 52 years of marriage, but I know he is in a better place and free from pain. Perhaps next year I will be able to sail one more time on the ship we loved so much.

Dear Sylvia,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of John.

I have always kept up with your postings about his condition and knew he would one day be called home.

John will always be in our thoughts and prayers as well a you are too.

You both have always been part of our cruising experience on the QM2 and Cruise Critics.

You have been such a good and dear friend all these years always reminding us to keep the cc visitors log alive for all to sign in and greet one and other. We thank you for that.

Yes, we know with a heavy heart you will one day return on the Mary with fond memories of John and enjoy what you both experienced in the past.

Till next time......... Take Care cusyl (Sylvia)

Dear Sylvia.....

I am truly saddened to read of your great loss. We have our own little "family" here of people we've come to know and care for, so please know that your Cunard friends will hold you in their thoughts and prayers. How very fortunate you were to have had him share your life for such a long time...what wonderful memories you will always treasure. I truly hope you will find yourself on Mary in the not too distant future and that we'll soon see your signature back in the book where it belongs.

Please know I am thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.

With my deepest sympathy,

Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Happy Sunday all.

I thought it might be a good time (it has been a year since the last post) to introduce the Log to those who do not know that it exists.

Jeanne

A good idea, the log book is in the Library, just call in and ask for it, we sign it every time, 4 times this year, its a nice thing to do

I signed it. I enjoyed reading through the comments. While most people just take up a few lines, there was one person who took up a whole page to rant about how much they didn't like the ship. Personally, I didn't think that was the appropriate place to beef... oh well.

QM2 in August was our first time on her, and didn't know about the CC book. Next June I will surely add our signatures to it. Thanks for the heads up. Surprised that the othr CCers we met didn't tell us about it.

I signed it. I enjoyed reading through the comments. While most people just take up a few lines, there was one person who took up a whole page to rant about how much they didn't like the ship. Personally, I didn't think that was the appropriate place to beef... oh well.

Exactly, save it for this board.:D

Thank you for keeping track of the book! It's such a historical part of the QM2.:D

Wow, Sylvia!!!! Looks like you are sailing on the Grandeur in just a few hours! I so happy for you. We sailed on the Grandeur a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for being the cheerleader for the QM2 Logbook.

For those of you who don't know, the Logbook was placed on the QM2 on the very first voyage, so it really is a part of the QM2's history.

Beth

And I wonder how many people are now regretting signing in their full names? Who gave you the right to publish these details over the internet?

He doesn't need a right, they signed their names in public material thus giving implicit consent for all to see. Paper Chase class dismissed.

CC Visitors Book pages for January, 2009, through November, 2009, are here now, and the pages for January, 2004, through January, 2008, are there still.

As the first signature and the 'guardian' of the CC Log Book during the Maiden Voyage, I have to say that I think 'Chateausmith' extemely rude to sign above all the other CCers dated 12 January 2004. He may or may not have been on the ship but he certainly was no where near the book during the Maiden Voyage!!!

Bit creepy though, don't you think?

Well, perhaps in hindsight, yes. But people need to take responsibility for their own actions. They were apparently quite happy to sign at the time, and should have known that the book was part of the (semi) public record. I'll grant you that they may not have anticipated the wide dissemination that could have resulted, but nonetheless, they did consent to public use when signing.

Well, perhaps in hindsight, yes. But people need to take responsibility for their own actions. They were apparently quite happy to sign at the time, and should have known that the book was part of the (semi) public record. I'll grant you that they may not have anticipated the wide dissemination that could have resulted, but nonetheless, they did consent to public use when signing.

I've not yet set foot on QM2 but I've also never seen the book onboard QV (I assume there is one). How do you get hold of it? Do you simply ask the lilbrarian for the book and, if so, do you have to provid any kind of proof that you are a CC member or does she/he simply take it as read that, if you know to ask, you must be a member.

J

I've not yet set foot on QM2 but I've also never seen the book onboard QV (I assume there is one). How do you get hold of it? Do you simply ask the lilbrarian for the book and, if so, do you have to provid any kind of proof that you are a CC member or does she/he simply take it as read that, if you know to ask, you must be a member.

J

Ask and ye shall receive, the librarian is completely uninterested in who gets the book.

G.Rat

Not surprisingly when I approached the first QM2 librarian about accepting the Log Book during the maiden voyage, she had no idea who or what Cruise Critic was about. I half expected her to say NO!!!! Fortunately she listened and graciously accepted the book - the rest is history.

Ken

Archived