Who is staying in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet"?

Just curious, since I'm booked in it myself the week of 9/29/07. I saw pictures of the one on Freedom, with all of the cow decorations and I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun if each cruise whoever stayed in the cabin brought one small cow item/decoration to leave in the cabin?" Whoever does could take a picture of the item in the cabin and post the picture when they get back! Of course, if EVERYONE did that, there would be no room eventually for any passengers in the cabin, I suppose. :rolleyes: LOL! I've read reports of parts of artwork going missing on various ships due to mischievious kids, drunk adults, or whatever, so wouldn't it be a fun idea to "give something back" instead? I wonder if the stateroom attendants would get rid of the items or just leave them there....

We sail the same week every year now as November 5th is our Anniversary.

Laura you will have to let me know if you will have a Liberty child:rolleyes:

Keep the ship in good shape.

Nice to see you out here

Arvids

im staying in a sweet suite,the grand family suite, love the 2 bathrooms, private bedroom ,and tub perks , but of course who could forget happy hour @ the conciere club ,now thats the hagg n daz sweeeet, lol see u there!!! have fun:p

:rolleyes:

Well, for those of us who are staying in the Ben & Jerry's cabin and are excited about it, here's a little preview (or at least pictures of the one on Freedom so you can get an idea of what you'll be staying in):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338882

The pictures are about 2/3 of the way through the first page on that thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So now that it's getting closer to the inaugural sailing, I thought I'd give it another try---does anyone else besides me have this cabin booked on Liberty of the Seas? Anyone? Surely I can't be the only one on Cruise Critic who has purposely booked this cabin?:p

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! Nice to hear of someone else who is excited about this cabin. I'm hoping that when the pre-inaugurals start, we can get a definite confirmation from someone that they've actually seen the cabin and it's being done the same way as on Freedom.

Good to hear we're not the only ones who actually purposely booked this cabin. Can you imagine the people who get this cabin who have NO idea that it's a "special" cabin? Imagine the look on their faces when they open the door and see it for the first time?:p

Here is the email I received from RCI

Dear Ms. XXX:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The Ben & Jerry's stateroom is a category PR, which is promenade

stateroom. It is only available on the Freedom of the Seas, and will also be available once the Liberty of the Seas is completed. This stateroom

overlooks the Ben & Jerry's cow when you look out to the promenade and is also decorated with a cow motif. Guests staying in this room are

entitled to free Ben & Jerry's ice cream. For information on availability,

please contact our Reservations department at 1-800-327-6700.

Here is the email I received from RCI

Dear Ms. XXX:

Thank you for your e-mail.

The Ben & Jerry's stateroom is a category PR, which is promenade

stateroom. It is only available on the Freedom of the Seas, and will also be available once the Liberty of the Seas is completed. This stateroom

overlooks the Ben & Jerry's cow when you look out to the promenade and is also decorated with a cow motif. Guests staying in this room are

entitled to free Ben & Jerry's ice cream. For information on availability,

please contact our Reservations department at 1-800-327-6700.

You rock!!! LOL! Thanks for posting the reply you got. Feels a little better seeing it in writing....;)

• 2 weeks later...

I asked my TA about it when we were booking our Liberty cruise for 9/22/07 and while it was available at the time - he didn't recommend it for my DH (who is prone to motion sickness) due to the location of the room on the ship.

He knows that we need to be in a room that is as still as possible... I didn't realize there was all this cow motif going on -- I just wanted the free ice cream!!! LOL

Sandy

I asked my TA about it when we were booking our Liberty cruise for 9/22/07 and while it was available at the time - he didn't recommend it for my DH (who is prone to motion sickness) due to the location of the room on the ship.

He knows that we need to be in a room that is as still as possible... I didn't realize there was all this cow motif going on -- I just wanted the free ice cream!!! LOL

Sandy

That's odd...the cabin is really close to the middle of the ship and is on a fairly low deck (as opposed to deck 10 or something like that.) I wonder why he didn't recommend it for motion reasons. I stayed in literally the very front of the ship before and THAT is definitely a place where you feel the movement.:p Oh well, we're not bad with motion anyway, so I'm sure we'll be fine.

That's odd...the cabin is really close to the middle of the ship and is on a fairly low deck (as opposed to deck 10 or something like that.) I wonder why he didn't recommend it for motion reasons. I stayed in literally the very front of the ship before and THAT is definitely a place where you feel the movement.:p Oh well, we're not bad with motion anyway, so I'm sure we'll be fine.

That's what I was thinking! You can't get in a much better location that the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" if you're prone to motion sickness. I wonder what this TA's reason was?

One of the members of our Meet & Mingle group just got back yesterday from a 1 night pre-inaugural cruise on Liberty. She said that she walked past cabin 6305 and even though it wasn't open for viewing, there was in fact a sign that said "Ben & Jerry's Sweet". So at least that definitely confirms it for sure. Thanks Berbet!!

Jane - I did see the B&J Suite and I know it was on the 6th deck, but I did not notice the actual room #. I did not know that there was any question if your room was the B&J. I should have taken a pic. of the door and room # for you. Did anyone else who was there take a pic. of the door? Sorry.

Jane - I did see the B&J Suite and I know it was on the 6th deck, but I did not notice the actual room #. I did not know that there was any question if your room was the B&J. I should have taken a pic. of the door and room # for you. Did anyone else who was there take a pic. of the door? Sorry.

That's okay Berbet. I'm just thrilled that you saw the sign. I've looked at the deck plans and compared deck 6 to deck 5 and it seems to be in the right place. Plus the RCI folks have said it's the right cabin. So I think that piecing it all together, we're okay.:D

Archived