Who is staying in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet"?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to come back on, its been a crazy time coming back to reality with my daughter starting high school literally the day after we got back. Anyway...the trip was amazing and my dd never wants to stay in another cabin again!

Upon arrival there was a folder in our room from the concierge. We had access to the lounge, and all that comes with that (continental breakfast, afternoon canapes and bar, etc.), there was also personalized stationery which just fun to have, and the ice tickets were in there too, we didn't need to even pick a time we wanted to go just go to the show we wanted and hand in the conceirge ice tickets so that was great! Finally and of course not least we each got a coupon with seven boxes on it for Ben & Jerry's. we were able to get anything we wanted and they didn't have to be used one per day. It was so fun and after going all the time we go to know the girl behind the counter she was very generous with us.

The other thing I wanted to say about this room is you know we had cows in our window but really the view was fine since you watch the parades as they come down anyway at an angle. It actually was kind of cool because we were right next to the bridge that goes across where they perform for the parades and parties in the promenade. So the performers actually waved and sang to us a couple times.

Feel free to post any other questions and I'll post a link to pics soon (but the ones up here already are pretty inclusive).

P.S. pbelavich yes we were on the same cruise but dd and I unfortunately slept through the meet and mingle (we'd been up 23 hrs straight the day before) sorry we missed it though.

mcfaddensfarm, yes your 15 yr. old will be able to use the concierge lounge during the day and as a matter of fact, my daughter's teen scavenger hunt team actually won thanks to that access. The concierge answerred a majority of the questions for them saving them a lot of running around.

After 5pm, 'officially' its 18 and over due to the alcohol but (please no flames here...) my daughter came in with me every night and no one said anything and keep in mind they KNEW she was younger since she came in with a scavenger hunt from the teen club. She's 14 but looks around 16 and she carries herself very maturely. It was never crowded, I would have left if she was taking a seat from an adult, we just sat quietly talking and enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries each evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back last night and the room was awesome! Concierge service was great, the perks were very nice. I'll admit I let my son & his friends use the ice cream coupons because I don't eat that much ice cream. But they were loving it. Most of the info about the room was posted here already, so I don't have much more to add. But it was definitely worth booking that cabin over a regular inside or regular promenade. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

I noticed that picture was uploaded in April of 2006. Was that maybe taken before the inaugural sailing? (I don't remember the date of the inaugural sailing of Freedom.) Maybe the idea of the cow theme was added by RCI after some of the initial sailings or right before the inaugural? Anyway, we talked to the customer relations desk and he told me the decorations were ordered specially for that room from someplace in New York. So my answer I guess is that I believe the room was decorated by RCI.

actually you just reminded me - our waiter on Liberty said that it came about when someone on Freedom complained about the view and they offered compensation through Ben & Jerrys ice cream. He said that the idea developed from there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We booked a Deck 8 Promenade stateroom (8577) on the Explorer of the Seas. How do we know if we have a decoration in front of our window? It appears looking at some pictures that some store decorations obstruct the view (i.e. Ben & Jerry cows). Is this just on certain ships or all ships. does any shops on EOS have obstructed views?

TIA

We will be in the "Sweet Suite" on the Liberty on the October 11th sailing. We originally had another cabin, but after I read about the perks that come with the cabin I just had to have it. I called my TA but it wasn't available, but she said to let her know if I happen to see that it becomes available. I never thought it would happen.

For some reason I decided to see if the price of the cabin I booked had changed, and all of a sudden I saw that the cabin was available. I was so psyched. Sure, I am excited about the free ice cream but I really wanted it for the access to the Concierge Lounge.

I purposely tried to avoid the cabin when I heard about the obstructed view. I had no idea that you got perks if you had that cabin. I can live with the cow butts in my window for free booze and ice cream. No problem.

We booked a Deck 8 Promenade stateroom (8577) on the Explorer of the Seas. How do we know if we have a decoration in front of our window? It appears looking at some pictures that some store decorations obstruct the view (i.e. Ben & Jerry cows). Is this just on certain ships or all ships. does any shops on EOS have obstructed views?

TIA

Only the Freedom class of ships have the Ben & Jerry's Sweet! :D

Is the "sweet" room PR6305 on the Freedom? As well as the Liberty? Don't know it the cabin number is the same on both ship. Also does anyone know if the cabin number will be the same on the Indepencence?

pmfan, the cabin number IS the same on both Freedom and Liberty. I can't imagine them changing it on Independence unless there's a radical change in the cabin configurations.

lynyrd, I did the same thing on Liberty--purposely booked it for the perks. We got our ice show tickets, the concierge service, chocolate covered strawberries, petit-fours, and of course....the ice cream. My son used almost all of the ice cream coupons and I told him to share them with his friends. There's just not a reasonable way to use 14 free ice cream coupons in 7 days unless you either share or eat a LOT of ice cream!

mom2NnB, Cruiserccl is correct--only the Freedom class ships have the Ben & Jerry's Suite. On the Voyager class ships, the Ben & Jerry's store isn't so much a STORE as it is a kiosk or counter, if I remember correctly. No obstructions there. Also, being up on the 8th deck, you definitely wouldn't have any store obstructions.

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is old,but I did a search and this is the latest one I could find.....

I just found out tonite having the Ben and Jerry Sweet,you get concierge service(I was amazed to hear that).........anyway, do you also get 2 credits?? Seems to me they are considering this a suite:rolleyes: so i would think so..

I know this thread is old,but I did a search and this is the latest one I could find.....

I just found out tonite having the Ben and Jerry Sweet,you get concierge service(I was amazed to hear that).........anyway, do you also get 2 credits?? Seems to me they are considering this a suite:rolleyes: so i would think so..

The "sweet suite" is giving people extra perks because the window is obstructed. IMO, the the free ice cream and the special decorations in the room should be enough compensation (We are going to be in it on 12/21-Independence) the concierge access/nightly snacks is a bonus for some but you should not expect all the normal "suite" benefits as people pay a lot more $$$ to stay in a regular suite.

The Promenade catagory is one of the cheapest onboard it wouldn't be appropriate or expected to receive 2 cruise credits for it. Though, RCL does do strange things sometimes......

The part that you get concierge service implied to me they are treating it like a suite..........thats why I asked about the 2 points...........

Thats ok.........Im not booked in it......just wondering.........

Hello everyone!!! :)

Has anyone stayed in this room lately? I would like to book it sometime but read something on another post that the contract with Ben & Jerry's might be up.:confused: I don't know when that would be . . . do any of you know? Also, if you have stayed lately and had a spouse that wasn't so sure they would like the room were they convinced once they got there? I'm trying to convince my husband that it would be fun. :p

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Archived